How do I remove rimguard beet juice?

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice?
Even at that price, it can run into some big dollars, and the few issues that come along with liquid ballast. My used tractor came with wheel weights, 3 - 50# per side. Works well enough for my needs.
I bet I could put some water in it aswell. I don’t need -50 degrees. It dosent get cold in Connecticut anymore haha. I’m thinking maybe I’ll do those 75 weights I found on fb and some antifreeze. I max out the loader pretty regularly moving my firewood. I could have used the next size tractor but that woulda priced me out of a backhoe.

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #32  
I’m changing out my tires and my rears have rim guard in them. I pulled out the valve core and I got maybe 6-7 gallons out extremely slowly. I ended up taking the wheel off the tractor and laying it flat on the forks and putting a ratchet strap around it to squeeze it to drain the juice faster. It was miserably slow and there’s still a few gallons in there I bet. It got dark outside so I had to put it back in the tractor and put it away. I haven’t even touched the other side yet.

I have no desire to reuse the rim guard. I’ll use washer fluid or antifreeze. Rim guard is a pita if you have any tire issues it gets everywhere. It also gums up your air chucks if you get any inside.

Any suggestions on how to speed this up? Thanks, mike
I've only done the RV/Marine pink stuff at $1.69/gallon pre-covid era.

The RV/MArine pink stuff comes in a coolant use version too. It's about $9 to $12 a gallon. Sierra lowtox antifreeze. It's pet safe for the most part and is ideal to use on organic farms for the cooling system.

I would concur, the option to have rim wheel weights are another excellent choice as I read thru the posts here.

When I lived in TN, a retired DIY person would make concrete rear wheel weights mixing in HPDE plastic flakes and a ratio of epoxy cement. He cloned a few of the popular rear tractor weights from the 80s and 90s. His mixture molded would be 85% close to the casted forged wheel weights.

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #33  
& signature mention watermelons I'd guess it's somewhere that doesn't get very cold.
I don't know about that. I grew up around 45.2 degrees N. latitude. We grew watermelons up there and temps usually get down to -30 F (or worse) every winter.

Of course my mom also managed to keep a peach tree alive up there for a while (even produced fruit). Maybe it was just her green thumb.

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #34  
Bingo! I don't know where YanmarFever lives, but the fact that his profile & signature mention watermelons I'd guess it's somewhere that doesn't get very cold.
He's just south of me in a land of Dixie.

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #35  
Bingo! I don't know where YanmarFever lives, but the fact that his profile & signature mention watermelons I'd guess it's somewhere that doesn't get very cold.

It's also highly toxic. Not something you'd want pets/livestock near if it leaks or spills. Bet it's not too good for the soil either.

I always thought Rimguard was gold standard for liquid ballast.
Again..."Antifreeze in Grandad's tractor I have for 49 years!" No leak(s).
I don't have livestock and pets around my tractor tires anyway. Besides, I bet most people have antifreeze in their cars and trucks that ARE around pets. Lots more places for antifreeze to leak out of than a tractor tire. Not something I'd lose sleep over. Go ahead...your turn.

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #36  
I don't have livestock and pets around my tractor tires anyway. Besides, I bet most people have antifreeze in their cars and trucks that ARE around pets. Lots more places for antifreeze to leak out of than a tractor tire. Not something I'd lose sleep over. Go ahead...your turn.
Boy, you are blessed for 49 years. While I don't run it, and never will, of all the people around here that do run some liquid balast, all of them have either had leaks, or corrosion of rims with seepage.
Yes, there are cars, trucks, tractors that can and will leak antifreeze, it's more common for tires to leak.

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #37  
The only problems I see with regular antifreeze is if it might damage the rubber and slow leaks. I have had tractor tires with slow leaks and I address those leaks quickly, not because of any type of toxic release but because I don't want flat tires on my equipment. But I'm pretty sure that antifreeze from cooling systems is a much larger contributor to toxic antifreeze releases than leaky tires.
Unintentional animal poisoning from antifreeze does occur though and I don't want to poison any animals so I'm careful to make sure our cars, my truck, and my tractors don't leak coolant. If I was to add antifreeze of any type to my rear tires I would make sure it was non-toxic.
Eric

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #38  
Boy, you are blessed for 49 years. While I don't run it, and never will, of all the people around here that do run some liquid balast, all of them have either had leaks, or corrosion of rims with seepage.
Yes, there are cars, trucks, tractors that can and will leak antifreeze, it's more common for tires to leak.
Leaks from corrosion with liquid ballast are undoubtedly from calcium chloride, not other fills. My dealer uses a new product called bio ballast. My tractor was delivered with this product. Read about it.

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #39  
Leaks from corrosion with liquid ballast are undoubtedly from calcium chloride, not other fills. My dealer uses a new product called bio ballast. My tractor was delivered with this product. Read about it.

Yes, calcium chloride. We had corrosion and leaks from that, but not antifreeze. Antifreeze used in vehicles, even the tractors OWN cooling system, runs through rubber hoses constantly. If anyone is concerned about toxicity then I'd use it in everything, tires and cooling systems.

/ How do I remove rimguard beet juice? #40  
I’ve been running beet juice for 15 years or so, never had a problem, except for one little leak that my dog found. Awfully glad it wasn’t antifreeze, kind of fond of them dogs.