How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread #961  
That definitely was a very interesting video !

Video predates Massey Furgeson inventing and patenting the 3 point hookup system which Henry Ford later attempted to steal, it turned into one of the biggest lawsuits in history and Henry Ford lost.
Iowa PBS made this film called "tractor wars" which is really the history mechanization of farms in the USA. What a great film! I had no idea Henry Ford had a large percent of the tractor market for X years but wouldn't update his design.. It is a hour long.

/ How agriculture works thread #962  
That definitely was a very interesting video !

Video predates Massey Furgeson inventing and patenting the 3 point hookup system which Henry Ford later attempted to steal, it turned into one of the biggest lawsuits in history and Henry Ford lost.
Ha. I watched that last night on YouTube. It’s surprised me to learn how many players were involved in the early 1900’s. And how late John Deere was getting into tractor production.
140-ish tractor manufacturers. wow 😯

/ How agriculture works thread
Ha. I watched that last night on YouTube. It’s surprised me to learn how many players were involved in the early 1900’s. And how late John Deere was getting into tractor production.
Ya, there was so many interesting tidbits in that video, I'm going to watch it again.

/ How agriculture works thread #964  
Manufacturers - or companies marketing tractors made by someone else?

/ How agriculture works thread #966  
Always early in an industry there are lots of players but after the industry sorts out the features and configurations they want there are only a few makers that make it through. ALso the up and downs of the business cycle weed out a few. At one time there were 163 car manufacturers in Indiana alone, i.e. every buggy maker started putting motors on their buggy in some way.

/ How agriculture works thread
IH pamphlet from 1962.
431116030_802835921873831_8367634989141787914_n.jpg