Hot dog bun rant

/ Hot dog bun rant #13  
Seems hotdogs rolls are getting shorter than years pass.

/ Hot dog bun rant #15  
Even more of a problem; why don’t they sell hot dogs and buns the same size and quantity per package?
I always buy the natural casing deli hotdogs (some stores tray-pack them in the meat case), never the ones in the vacuum-formed plastic that are always wet and nasty. This way you can get 6 to match the buns. Schlonlands were always my favorite when they were made here in N.H., not as good now that they were bought out by some other company and made elsewhere.
As far as buns go, I don't know how available they are outside of the northeast, but New England style hotdog buns rule. Easy to toast 'em on both sides.
1685397575532.png

/ Hot dog bun rant #16  
"First world problems."

:D

Bruce

/ Hot dog bun rant #17  
I always buy the natural casing deli hotdogs (some stores tray-pack them in the meat case), never the ones in the vacuum-formed plastic that are always wet and nasty. This way you can get 6 to match the buns. Schlonlands were always my favorite when they were made here in N.H., not as good now that they were bought out by some other company and made elsewhere.
As far as buns go, I don't know how available they are outside of the northeast, but New England style hotdog buns rule. Easy to toast 'em on both sides.
View attachment 802908
Good stuff, especially now that summer barbecue season is open. Those types of buns are nationally sold by Peppridge Farms.

/ Hot dog bun rant #18  
"First world problems."

:D

Bruce

Is that all you ever have to say when someone complains about something you don't care about?

Yeah, they're first world problems, and frankly they're the type of problems I'd rather have over starvation, disease, impotence, collective farming, etc.

/ Hot dog bun rant #19  
View attachment 802908

To find them outside of New England you'll have to search for frankfurter buns; I didn't realize there were any other type of hot dog buns until I moved out of Maine, that was a reality check lol.

/ Hot dog bun rant #20  
I never had that problem with Natures Own Butter Buns. We buy them for burgers and brats. The Butter Bread is really good too!!!!!