honesty

/ honesty #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
My wife witnessed something today and is very frustrated. My wife and daughter were at a drive thru window picking up lunch and she noticed a woman walking down the sidewalk carrying crutches on her shoulder walking just fine. As the lady got closer to the corner she started limping like she had a hard time walking. When she got to the corner she put a crutch underneath each arm and pulled out a cardboard sign stating she was homeless and needed money for medicine for her foot. How many dishonest people like this are out there?

/ honesty #2  
Sure makes it difficult to help the ones that actually need help. I took an exit off of the interstate last summer to get fuel and noticed a "homeless" man standing near the on-ramp holding a sign that said "hungry, need food, or will work for food", so I purchased an extra 3 piece chicken lunch combo. When I stopped and offered it to him, he said get that s$#@ out of my face. I now have a hard time being sympathetic to people begging on the side of the road.

/ honesty #3  
We have people on the tax payroll in Congress that do much less for much more.

Or how bout the "oh my back, I can't work anymore" people that draw a monthly salary and never have to leave the house or interrupt their physical play activity at home??

Or how bout our President who while talking to a group of kids the other day about his experiences growing up had to use a tele prompter??

I could go on and on. This lady is only getting paid if someone feels the urge. All examples above are getting paid daily.

/ honesty #4  
Currently around 9 million on SS disability. Probably < 1/2 are legit.

/ honesty #5  
Currently around 9 million on SS disability. Probably < 1/2 are legit.

I've got one that lives 1/2 mile from me. Another that lives neighbor to our farm. They hired a lawyer to get on disability so they'd make sure and qualify.

so the lady on the street seems pretty harmless.

/ honesty #6  
I've got one that lives 1/2 mile from me. Another that lives neighbor to our farm. They hired a lawyer to get on disability so they'd make sure and qualify.

so the lady on the street seems pretty harmless.

She's probably drawing disability too.

/ honesty #7  
My wife witnessed something today and is very frustrated. My wife and daughter were at a drive thru window picking up lunch and she noticed a woman walking down the sidewalk carrying crutches on her shoulder walking just fine. As the lady got closer to the corner she started limping like she had a hard time walking. When she got to the corner she put a crutch underneath each arm and pulled out a cardboard sign stating she was homeless and needed money for medicine for her foot. How many dishonest people like this are out there?
Lots. One of our local TV stations followed a local "character" from his usual corner. He walked several blocks and met up with another local female character. They walked a dozen blocks to the bus station, took a city bus to the next town over and went into a nice house. They went to the door and tried to ask him questions. They got the door slammed in their face. Guy moved to a different corner for a few month but is back to his regular. Alternates between the same man and women.

If you are truly concerned about society, do not give money to pan-handlers. Give money directly to local charities or volunteer to work at those organizations, but DO NOT give individuals on the street money.

/ honesty #8  
IMO, local is the key word here. In our community it's common to see a donation pot at cash registers, raffles, races, rodeos and other stuff to benefit an individual or family in need. And even in this rural and decidedly not affluent area, they're always well-funded because we know it's both legit and appreciated.

/ honesty #9  
There was a guy in Ft Lauderdale that used to have a sign that said, "Who am I fooling?...I need a BEER!" He always seemed to be running from car to car gettin $.

/ honesty #10  
When We lived in Florida, every heavy populated City had Bums on the Corners. If One wants to see raud, irsthand, just go to the local SS Office and observe the people going from their vehicles to the front door. Their health seem to diminish greatly during that short distance from car to front door.