Hip Replacement surgery

/ Hip Replacement surgery #31  
mowing season is almost done here maybe 1 more mowing then I will be taking the mower off till next year.. Need to start getting some more firewood as that is our heating source. I realize it is not going to be easy watching what I do or what I shouldn't do

't'
I hear you. Learning how to do things differently, and then remembering to always do them differently certainly takes effort for me.

Good luck!

All the best, Peter

/ Hip Replacement surgery
I do my assigned exercises 2 times every day and I take the dog for a half mile walk also so I am not just sitting around. Have been Weed eating and running my tractors.

/ Hip Replacement surgery #33  
Pain is the worst for the first couple of weeks. If you do your PT religiously, you should see some big improvement soon.

I've had both hips and 1 knee replaced. I'll never do another knee. I still have pain 5 years later in the knee.

Meeting a good buddy of mine for a few beers and some dinner. He had his knee replaced, but the artificial knee was defective, so it was done a second time. He has a lot of issues and sometimes needs a cane. He has mentioned to me he’d like to have the leg cut off. Nobody can seem to help him. He has all the money in the world and great health insurance to fix it, yet he has few options.

/ Hip Replacement surgery #34  
my grand father had it done in the 80's (the procedure is way better now then back then)... he was doing everything he wanted... I played hockey with a guy who had a hip replacement... he asked his doctor ''I have been playing hockey is that ok'' and his doctor said with a shock look on his face ''you have been playing hockey ??? I don't know I never had a patient who was a active hockey player, I guess as long as you don't do anything new and listen to your body its fine'' my uncle has both hip replaced as well and he just built a garage by himself (minimum help) and he is a haul truck mechanic and still work.

Last edited:
   / Hip Replacement surgery
I guess I will just be patient and see how things go. I can do most everything now that I did before but some things cause some pain in the hip area