Here's where they come from....

/ Here's where they come from.... #2  
Interesting.

/ Here's where they come from.... #3  
That's fun. It is located in a gorgeous area of Japan. So how many, roughly, fit in a standard container? They have another video of them loading one, but I don't recognize the frames.

@YanmarFever Thanks for sharing!

All the best,

Peter

/ Here's where they come from.... #4  
A typical Japanese tractor exporter in Japan.

Not many YM machines over there anymore. Lots of KE, RS, AF and EF machines now. I did see a few Hondas. I was surprised by that.

A nice KE30 or KE50 or KE60 with the 3TNE84 engine and the updated controls would be a rival to many of the new tractors today in it's class. The same engine is in the JD790 Yanmar made too.

1668995503112.png

/ Here's where they come from.... #5  

www.mish-tractors.jp/product.html

/ Here's where they come from.... #6  
You sure that isn't the back yard of one of the guys on this site? 😆 interesting video. Anyone see a loader? I didn't see a single one, lots of tillers though.

/ Here's where they come from.... #7  
Ernie, did you ever go over with Bud (EFC) on a buying expedition? I liked his description: buyers from the US were outnumbered by some larger buyers from other countries. He quoted one from Iran - "I'll take that whole row. Lets go get lunch".

And was that you who posted here, that tractors for the VN rebuilders were mostly incomplete hulks, just bits and pieces, and might as well have been poured into a container that was stood on end.

/ Here's where they come from....
Cal, it was Buck from EFC that did the expose on the Vietcong tractors back in the day...
Remember those? Boy were they ever ugly, more like smoke and mirrors for the unsuspecting.

We had a friend over there that hand picked our units for us, that's why they were so gorgeous.
And then Koyker Mfg loaders were the icing on the cake!

I met the some of the nicest people and members here because of those machines.
When we moved I filled a 20' dumpster of rototiller parts, wheels, tires, hoods, cabs, old seats, and tiller bkts ( I almost cried)
I cant dwell on Yanmars to much or I get depressed because it all ended so fast and ugly, thanks to the liars, I mean lawyers...

Last edited:
   / Here's where they come from.... #9  
A helpful guide of sorts, :LOL:
Please have a look at our chart below:

Name of the function in JapaneseName of the function in EnglishExplanationExamples
クリープ"Creep" / HaulageSpecial low gear, which is used for hauling or trenching work typesAll tractors Kubota, Yanmar and Iseki uses this term
Uシフト"U-shift" / Automatic transmission Mostly used by GL-Kubota series or newer serivies. U-shift refers to the automatic transmission option. Check out what is the name of Automatic transmission nem for Iseki (on the right)Kubota: "U-shift"
Yanmar: No special name
Iseki: "G-shift", "Q-shift", "B-shift"
倍速"Baisoku" / Quick turnSpecial function which allows tractor to do quick turn using its front wheels. Good for maneuverability. Kubota: "Baisoku"
Yanmar: "Baisoku"
Iseki: "IQ turn"
ポンパ"Pump" / Rotary up-downUsing pump-button (or lever) one can up and down rotary without using hydraulic lever. Also, when using pump, rotary goes down to depth which automatically set by driver.Kubota: "Pump"
Yanmar: Attachment up-down lever
Iseki: Attachment up-down lever
バックアップ(バック上昇)"Back Up"If you switch to Back Up, the rotary will go up automatically when tractor moves back.Kubota, Yanmar, Iseki: same term, there is no special name
オートアップ(旋回上昇)"Auto Up"If you switch to Auto Up, the rotary will go up automatically when tractor makes turn left or right.Kubota, Yanmar, Iseki: same term, there is no special name
デフロックDiff-lockMechanism which locks right and left axles of the tractor. Diff-lock allows tractor not to slip.Kubota, Yanmar, Iseki:same term, no special name
耕深調節・耕深制御Automatic plowing depth controlOption which allows one to set rotary's plowing depth. Here, in Japan, farmers use the option when the plowing ground is Kubota, Yanmar, Iseki: Plowing depth dial or lever
角度調節・水平制御Automatic plowing horizon controlThis option which allows one to set rotary's plowing horizon level. Japanese farmers use the option so as to make plowing ground flat.Kubota: "Monroematic" or "Monroe"
Yanmar: Automatic horizon level control
Iseki: Automatic horizon level control
Mitsubishi: "MAC"
PTO逆転PTO Reverse GearGear which allows to set rotary's claws rotation in the opposite.Kubota, Yanmar, Iseki: all is same, no special name
ロータリーヒッチRotary's hitchRotary's hitch is a special frame which is used at one of three common ways of rotary's attachment to tractor.Kubota: B-hitch
Yanmar: A2-hitch
ワンタッチ・クイックヒッチOne Touch / Quick HitchOne of the three common ways of rotary's attachment to the tractors. "One Touch" means that one need to used only one simple lever so as to attach or deattach rotary just with one move.Kubota: B-hitch
Yanmar: A-hitch
Mitsubishi: Super Hitch

/ Here's where they come from.... #10  
You sure that isn't the back yard of one of the guys on this site? 😆 interesting video. Anyone see a loader? I didn't see a single one,
Only saw one and it was full of water. Must have been standing in the rain for a while.