Hello from California

/ Hello from California #1  

cholland

Silver Member
Tractor
2019 Kioti CK3510SE HST
Found TBN a few months ago when I got serious about buying a tractor. Finally joined so I can contribute to the discussions.

We have 19 acres in the California foothills a bit north of Yosemite. There are several mine adits from the 1850s gold rush era on the property. Mostly oaks with some open field, some lava cap area, and a lot of brush and poison oak and rocks. So many rocks. Over the past 15 years I have rented dozers, excavators and backhoes to get certain things done like improving the road, leveling a building site, new water lines and a little brush clearing. We finished building a small house 5 years ago. There is a bit of a hill with a switchback but the rest is mostly level with a lot of rocks. There are a couple of tailings piles from the adits.

It's time to get real about maintaining the land. Blading the road, firewood, expanding the garden plot, clearing for fire safety and moving rocks. A person can't keep up without a good tractor. And I'm not getting any younger.

I have researched and shopped and am currently considering a quote on a Kioti CK3510se, with some add ons of course. Hope to be busy logging some seat time in a few weeks.

/ Hello from California #3  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ Hello from California #4  
Good morning and welcome to TBN and the forum.

/ Hello from California #5  
Welcome to TBN!!!

/ Hello from California #6  
Found TBN a few months ago when I got serious about buying a tractor. Finally joined so I can contribute to the discussions.

We have 19 acres in the California foothills a bit north of Yosemite. There are several mine adits from the 1850s gold rush era on the property. Mostly oaks with some open field, some lava cap area, and a lot of brush and poison oak and rocks. So many rocks. Over the past 15 years I have rented dozers, excavators and backhoes to get certain things done like improving the road, leveling a building site, new water lines and a little brush clearing. We finished building a small house 5 years ago. There is a bit of a hill with a switchback but the rest is mostly level with a lot of rocks. There are a couple of tailings piles from the adits.

It's time to get real about maintaining the land. Blading the road, firewood, expanding the garden plot, clearing for fire safety and moving rocks. A person can't keep up without a good tractor. And I'm not getting any younger.

I have researched and shopped and am currently considering a quote on a Kioti CK3510se, with some add ons of course. Hope to be busy logging some seat time in a few weeks.

I would highly consider getting the Kioti 3rd function kit for the loader. It sounds like you could make good use of a grapple. Getting that feature at time of purchase usually is the best time so that you get a better price on that option.

Keep us informed as you move forward with the tractor purchase and property tasks. :thumbsup:

/ Hello from California
Thank you for the welcomes and input.
The add ons I alluded to would be a Kioti FEL 3rd function, a cutting edge on the bucket, a Woods 65" box scrapper and since the SE has rear remotes, a top & tilt kit. A grapple is definitely on the list to be aquired before fall/winter. It's already too dry to do any more piling and burning this year. I know they are good for rocks too. I have lots, there is plenty of time for that.

/ Hello from California #8  
Thank you for the welcomes and input.
The add ons I alluded to would be a Kioti FEL 3rd function, a cutting edge on the bucket, a Woods 65" box scrapper and since the SE has rear remotes, a top & tilt kit. A grapple is definitely on the list to be aquired before fall/winter. It's already too dry to do any more piling and burning this year. I know they are good for rocks too. I have lots, there is plenty of time for that.

For a box blade, I highly recommend one of these 65" units for your tractor.

If you ask them, they will even paint the unit orange for you, although I prefer black myself. ;)

/ Hello from California #9  
:welcome: :tractor:

Welcome aboard!