HD Box Blade?

/ HD Box Blade?
You need to look at commercial quality boxes. Pretty much forget about anything that does not weigh at least 1,000lbs. I would be looking at a box width of 72"-84" and hydraulic actuated scarifiers.

To be able to help get your grading just how you want, keep in mind a set of top and tilt hydraulics for your 3pt hitch. ;)

Don't think I need the hydraulic scarifiers, but you've got me thinking about the topntilt......:drool::laughing:
But no listing for Yanmar on your website...:(

/ HD Box Blade?
I'm with you Frank! I told my wife I want a good 7' or 8' box blade that weighs 1200 lbs or more.

I need to give her more specifics!

I've been looking at the Woods Gannon brand BB's but I've not made any decision.

What tractor did you get?

Be well,
David

Hey David!
I am distraught you have not been following my new :tractor:, new grapple, new snow weapon, etc. threads.....:shocked:

But I know you have been busy with finishing the new fence, and fiddling with your stump grinder, 3-pt, etc etc!!:laughing:

I've also heard/read the woods gannon HD blades are good....but these new ones might be a bit spendy. And good used ones will be hard to find, and probably get snatched up pretty quickly.....

I got a great deal on the new tractor, but it's going to cost me more down the road here......rimguard.....toothbar.....box blade....stump bucket.....forks.....maybe selling my brand new still in the crate 60" tiller for a 72" tiller....:smiley_aafz::laughing::laughing:

/ HD Box Blade?
Thanks for the link, it is a great source of very good, detailed, and useful information. I have an old 66" Rhino box blade that I used with my Ford 4000 that I sold years ago and then put it behind my Kubota L2900. I bought a new Kubota MX5100, 4WD, HST, w/LA 844 loader that is 5,500lbs. + or - in August of 2011 and I want a larger, heavier, and possibly more functional box scraper. I am not willing to spend the $$ required for the hydraulically operated boxes, so I am looking for the best of the ones I discovered in the linked thread you provided. I have been looking at Bushog, Land Pride, and Woods/Gannon. I am now adding Midwest, Buhler, and Befco to the list. I have R4's on my Kubota as I am cleaning out some old ponds on the property and they are really good in the muck, but they don't provide the traction of R1s. I am debating about a 6' or 7' blade. I think all of the manufacturers are represented at the National Farm Machinery show next month and I will check them out there and probably make my decision after that. I also need a new rotary mower, and a good set of lift harrows. It could be an expensive show!

Dan - Don't think I'll be able to attend the show, but agree it would be lots of good info and get to see all the manufacturers at once. One stop shopping. I think several of us (myself for sure) wouldn't mind if you were able to give us the benefit of your findings if you do attend!
Seems like a good list to shop from. I did also purchase a 72" rotary mower with my new tractor, which Yanmar gets from Befco. Picture attached as per TBN rules. The one thing my dealer told me about Befco is their prices are very high, fortunately I got this new mower for a VERY reduced price....I'll tell you if you ask but am embarassed to say it now....:laughing:

Attachments

• 1128.jpg
    1128.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 254
   / HD Box Blade? #24  
Don't think I need the hydraulic scarifiers, but you've got me thinking about the topntilt......:drool::laughing:
But no listing for Yanmar on your website...:(

I can build what you need. There is a form to fill out for side links that I do not have measurements for under "other". Fill out the appropriate form and submit. I can get you a correct price from there. For the top link, measure your OEM link collapsed and extended to it's maximum "working" length. (extended out to the point where there is a thread missing to indicate max safe extension)

For a ball park price you would be looking at $575 + shipping costs for a complete "TnT" kit. :thumbsup:

/ HD Box Blade? #25  
Hey lots of good info here, I appreciate all the input! I'll give some more details of my "plight"....the tractor is around #4500 with loader.....loader can lift #2500, and 3-pt can lift #2800. I figure around #1000 lbs of rimguard for the rears? So a #1000 lb boxblade should be no issue. I was thinking at least #800 minimum.
Doing a little research, looks like "modern" makes a good quality heavy blade. And I called a local implement guy, he's got a new 72" but I forget the name. And he didn't know how much it weighs...:confused: But I'll still go check it out. There's a 72" woods on ebay, but I asked the seller he thinks it's only 505 lbs....he said he did a google search to find out....again....:confused: If you sell implements, shouldn't you know what they weigh? :thumbsup:
So maybe it was their light or medium line.....
And I'm still debating on a 72 or 84".....Yanmar sells the 72" for this tractor. Wouldn't mind hearing opinions on 72 vs 84..... maybe a new thread??:laughing:

I was having the same debate, 72 v 84 and I am thinking of a compromise, there are some 78" boxes available. However, I am more concerned about traction pulling an 84" box. I have 44 PTO HP, which should be adequate, but traction with R4's on the tractor is another matter. Should be fun checking them out at the show!

/ HD Box Blade? #26  
I was having the same debate, 72 v 84 and I am thinking of a compromise, there are some 78" boxes available. However, I am more concerned about traction pulling an 84" box. I have 44 PTO HP, which should be adequate, but traction with R4's on the tractor is another matter. Should be fun checking them out at the show!

There are a lot of variables to consider. As an example, I have a 1000lb Gannon roll-over that is 81" wide. There are times when my 12,000lb 75hp tractor will not pull it. Should I get lighter duty implements because there are times when my tractor won't handle it? There are 8' wide boxes out there that are called heavy duty and weigh less than 600lbs. My 66" wide Gannon roll-over that I use behind my 32hp tractor is about 700lbs and I have the same exact problem with it. There are conditions when it will stop the tractor. Should I have lighter duty boxes for both of my tractors?, NO, I just raise the box a little and go on or use Draft Control and not even worry about it. I can pretty much say that if I had lighter duty implements, most of them would be on the scrap pile.

But all of this is up to each individual, all any of us can do is suggest what has and has not worked for them or others that they know of. ;)

/ HD Box Blade? #27  
The only heavy duty box that I have been able to find on the internet that is a manual rollover or extendable scarifier box is a Bush Hog brand and the 78" extendable scarifier which is the one that most appeals to me at the moment is 800 + pounds and is an HD box. If for some reason when I take a look at them and decide to go with the rollover instead it is about 50 lbs. heavier. I am hoping to see them side-by-side and speak with a factory rep so I can make a better decision unless I can find a used one somewhere reasonably close. My tires are just shy of 6' width and I would prefer a little over that for the box. The rollover is only available in even foot increments. I also like the option of being able to have the scarifies extended with the box grading behind them or I can shorten the top link and be able to scarify without grading. Hopefully, Bush Hog will have some to see and touch at the show!

/ HD Box Blade? #28  
The only heavy duty box that I have been able to find on the internet that is a manual rollover or extendable scarifier box is a Bush Hog brand and the 78" extendable scarifier which is the one that most appeals to me at the moment is 800 + pounds and is an HD box. If for some reason when I take a look at them and decide to go with the rollover instead it is about 50 lbs. heavier. I am hoping to see them side-by-side and speak with a factory rep so I can make a better decision unless I can find a used one somewhere reasonably close. My tires are just shy of 6' width and I would prefer a little over that for the box. The rollover is only available in even foot increments. I also like the option of being able to have the scarifies extended with the box grading behind them or I can shorten the top link and be able to scarify without grading. Hopefully, Bush Hog will have some to see and touch at the show!

Ideally, a little more width than your rear tires is good. Too much more width and you might run into maneuvering trouble in tight spots.

The Top 'n Tilt is very useful and can substitute for hydraulic scarifiers if you manually set them right. Unfortunately the TNT outfit (CCM) is no longer in business.

Ken

/ HD Box Blade? #29  
Ideally, a little more width than your rear tires is good. Too much more width and you might run into maneuvering trouble in tight spots.

The Top 'n Tilt is very useful and can substitute for hydraulic scarifiers if you manually set them right. Unfortunately the TNT outfit (CCM) is no longer in business.

Ken

Actually CCM is still in business :thumbsup: and there are other companies that build Top and Tilt kits. ;)

/ HD Box Blade? #30  
Actually CCM is still in business :thumbsup: and there are other companies that build Top and Tilt kits. ;)

That's good to hear. However, I heard on here that they went out of business and their website is dead.
:confused: