HD Box Blade?

/ HD Box Blade? #111  
EverythingAttachments said:
There are a lot of good thoughts on box blades in this post, and many of them go back to the same principles and designs we have put into our two lines of box blades. We offer a Heavy Duty Box Blade that weighs between 353 to 647 lbs. depending on the width (48"-96"). We have our Xtreme duty line that weighs between 635 to 815 lbs. available in widths of 72" 78" 84" and 96" Our next box blade will have 1/2" inch thick end plates, which will bring the overall weight to over 1,000 lbs. for those of you that have a large category II tractor. We are also finishing our design on a standard duty box blade which will look a lot like the United with some deluxe features, and will be priced slightly below the price of a United box blade, because we manufacture and sell directly to you the customer with no sales reps, dealers, or distributors. On the links above you will find all the sizing pricing and descriptive videos. Soon we will have Peanut in the field with some "How To" videos!

Don't forget us little guys (well, big guys with little tractors)!

How about hinged box blade, or roll-over box blade in a really heavy duty design for the sub-30 HP compact tractors? :)

I'm looking for a really heavy duty, but also really easy to use box blade for my Kubota B2320, and because smaller tractors like mine don't have the copious (drool shield engaged) hydraulic remotes that the big boys have, having the hinged back or rollover capability is even more helpful- AND no where to be found in box blades easily available and sized for my tractor.

FWIW,
Thomas
PS: I saw your videos for the grader and box blade, and they look GREAT- except for what I've already noted...

/ HD Box Blade? #112  
Don't forget us little guys (well, big guys with little tractors)!

How about hinged box blade, or roll-over box blade in a really heavy duty design for the sub-30 HP compact tractors? :)

I'm looking for a really heavy duty, but also really easy to use box blade for my Kubota B2320, and because smaller tractors like mine don't have the copious (drool shield engaged) hydraulic remotes that the big boys have, having the hinged back or rollover capability is even more helpful- AND no where to be found in box blades easily available and sized for my tractor.

FWIW,
Thomas
PS: I saw your videos for the grader and box blade, and they look GREAT- except for what I've already noted...

Thomas,

We are in process of building a blade specifically designed for the sub-compact and small compact tractors, it will have some deluxe features, but it will not be a roll over or a hinge back. A roll over is just too heavy of a blade to build for a sub-compact, we will be building a hinge back for our larger series of box blades. The best advice I can give you for the tractor that you have, I know you would like a hinge back, the problem with a hinge back and a small tractor, especially one that has a neutral up and down lift, not a position lift, is with a hinge back box blade it is designed to be able to go in the ground the furthest and do the most ripping and digging for moving dirt. With a highly skilled operator and a good position lift he will also be able to do very good fine level grading, but with a small tractor and your type of lift, what most people don't realize is with a fixed blade on both sides, the first blade is doing the cutting, and the second blade (back blade) is doing the gauging of how much your front edge is doing according to the length of your top link and the angle of your blade. so to sum it up, I would stay with a box blade that has a fixed back edge or you will be fighting the lift up and down with a lot of dipping. Keep an eye out for our deluxe compact blade that should be available in a week or two.

/ HD Box Blade? #113  
Back when Gannon was in business, they made roll-overs from 36" at 140 lbs to 81" at 980 lbs. We happen to have both of those models as well as a 66" model. ;) It use to be very common out here to see a Kubota with a Gannon roll-over. 42" and 48" units were common. You see 60" and 66" roll-overs on Craigslist around here.

/ HD Box Blade? #114  
Back when Gannon was in business, they made roll-overs from 36" at 140 lbs to 81" at 980 lbs. We happen to have both of those models as well as a 66" model. ;) It use to be very common out here to see a Kubota with a Gannon roll-over. 42" and 48" units were common. You see 60" and 66" roll-overs on Craigslist around here.

I am planning to buy a 72" Gannon Earthcavotor (rollover) next year. If Everything Attachments were to make new ones with the quality build of the Gannon, I for one would certainly consider it.

/ HD Box Blade?
There are a lot of good thoughts on box blades in this post, and many of them go back to the same principles and designs we have put into our two lines of box blades. We offer a Heavy Duty Box Blade that weighs between 353 to 647 lbs. depending on the width (48"-96"). We have our Xtreme duty line that weighs between 635 to 815 lbs. available in widths of 72" 78" 84" and 96" Our next box blade will have 1/2" inch thick end plates, which will bring the overall weight to over 1,000 lbs. for those of you that have a large category II tractor. We are also finishing our design on a standard duty box blade which will look a lot like the United with some deluxe features, and will be priced slightly below the price of a United box blade, because we manufacture and sell directly to you the customer with no sales reps, dealers, or distributors. On the links above you will find all the sizing pricing and descriptive videos. Soon we will have Peanut in the field with some "How To" videos!

Ted -
Some good looking products, and a well set-up website!
Best of all, MIA. (Made in America:thumbsup:)

I believe the heavier design box would be popular for folks that have 40-60 HP compacts that can lift a lot.....but they are typically still CAT 1 hitches, you mentioned CAT 2. I know I looked around for quite awhile before finding a BB weighing over 1000 lbs.

And, any plans for a hydraulic BB?

Last edited:
   / HD Box Blade? #116  
EverythingAttachments said:
Thomas,

We are in process of building a blade specifically designed for the sub-compact and small compact tractors, it will have some deluxe features, but it will not be a roll over or a hinge back. A roll over is just too heavy of a blade to build for a sub-compact, we will be building a hinge back for our larger series of box blades. The best advice I can give you for the tractor that you have, I know you would like a hinge back, the problem with a hinge back and a small tractor, especially one that has a neutral up and down lift, not a position lift, is with a hinge back box blade it is designed to be able to go in the ground the furthest and do the most ripping and digging for moving dirt. With a highly skilled operator and a good position lift he will also be able to do very good fine level grading, but with a small tractor and your type of lift, what most people don't realize is with a fixed blade on both sides, the first blade is doing the cutting, and the second blade (back blade) is doing the gauging of how much your front edge is doing according to the length of your top link and the angle of your blade. so to sum it up, I would stay with a box blade that has a fixed back edge or you will be fighting the lift up and down with a lot of dipping. Keep an eye out for our deluxe compact blade that should be available in a week or two.

Thanks for the reply- I'll keep an eye peeled.
Thomas

/ HD Box Blade?
Looks really nice! If I hadn't got a box blade with my 110, that probably wouldn't have been yours:laughing::laughing: It is a really nice, very heavy duty blade though:thumbsup:

Only if you picked that one.....they have one more there, same thing...:laughing::laughing:
Just saw the same BB on Ebay, brand new for $4,799:shocked:.....

/ HD Box Blade? #118  
We finally ended up ordering a NEW Gannon/Woods 48" Earthcavator Roll-over Box Blade from Bingham Equipment in Mesa, AZ, after seeing it on EBay for drect sale.

The cost was about $700 plus a little over $200 in shipping it to a nearby freight terminal {From Mesa, AZ to here in upstate NY!}.

We picked it up on Tuesday and since my birthday was also this week, I am considering it my very favorite, and no to mention heaviest ever {so far} birthday present at about 462#.

It is one seriously HD piece of heavy metal!

There is some light surface rust, and it's a little creaky and stiff when I rotate it by hand, but nothing to worry about.

It fits on the HF quick hitch, just not quite as it was intended by the MFG.

The HF QH hooks were too wide to use in the center of the clevis style lower link, so I just bolted Cat 1 pins to the outside link brackets, and hooked her up.

My current job is closing down, and my new gig doesn't start until 6/2, so I think we'll have plenty of time to try it out this way.

I will more than likely soon have my welder/friend mount another set of clevis holes outside the current ones, which should give me a significantly stronger hook up as was originally intended.

The attached pictures include several viewing angles, and also include our soon-to-be-moved bucket farm of tree seedlings in the background, {I think a PHD may be the next to be purchsed implement}, the step I had to put on in the fall after we d/c'd the mower so the boss [:laughing:], who is somewhat disabled could get up into the seat easier, and my auxillary lightbar with 2 LED flood lights.

Sorry about any quality issues in the pics, it was dusk and my cell phone camera is flashless.

{Many thanks to whomever it was I liberated the lightbar attachment concept from- you know who you are...}

Huge thanks to everyone here on TBN, but really special thanks go out to:

Ken Sweet, who stood up for us little guys, and more importantly to me, gave me the idea of looking for a smaller Gannon RO-BB specifically, with this end result. He also offered me a great deal on a RO-BB he is selling- I'm sorry Ken, but this fit so much better.

Nate Stanton, at Bingham Equipment in Mesa, AZ, who hooked me up and expedited the deal for me. BTW, he still has another Gannon/Woods 48" RO-BB listed on his EBay page. He was very helpful in getting the BB to me at a great [LOW] shipping rate.

Finally, to Ted at Everything Attachments for all his support and encouragement, but mostly for having that great BB video on his site- it really helped my boss to understand the reasons we needed the BB, and that made talking her into buying SO much easier...

Thanks again,
Thomas

PS: For my friends with BX's- there are a ton of threads on another site {that will not be named}, about Gannon BB's in 32", 36", and 42" sizes.

Attachments

• Rear View BB.jpg
    Rear View BB.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 196
  • RR Oblique BB.jpg
    RR Oblique BB.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 144
  • RF Oblique.jpg
    RF Oblique.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 170
  • R side.jpg
    R side.jpg