Hand winch on the utility trailer installed

/ Hand winch on the utility trailer installed #11  
Also, brushless tools have more power, are lighter and the batts last longer, that's all I buy now...
Same over here!! I wait for them to go on sale - usually for about 130$ Canadian. When I was loading the T&C that time though I doubt it would have handled it. Thats why I'm thinking of trying an impact tool next time I'm loading something heavy.

/ Hand winch on the utility trailer installed
If I'm guessing right, your drill is a 3/8th incher. They typically lack the torque of a 1/2 inch. I've been watching this thread with great interest. Last summer I had occasion to use my trailer to haul home my Town & Country mini-van because the starter wouldn't engage (corroded terminal as it turned out). I'd lost the crank for the winch so I ended up using an open-end wrench a quarter turn at a time to load that heavy beast! A 1/2 inch cordless drill may not have been enough muscle even on the geared down drive I used the wrench on. I'm wondering how a heavy duty impact wrench might serve.
My drill is 1 /2" and quite powerful torque also; the hand winch has a dual gear ratio. One is 4.1:1 and the other is 9.8:1.
This morning, I tried to pull the riding mower into the trailer again with the
adapter on low gear. It works pretty well even in high gear too somehow.
However, to pull your minivan (probably more than 3500LB) with cordless drill is doubtful to me too.🤔🤔🤔
Unless the pulling force is less than 1000lb.
Anyway, it was a good experiment
Thanks
John

Last edited:
   / Hand winch on the utility trailer installed #13  
Pretty clever anything to help make the job easier, I enjoy fabricating things out of spare parts laying around.