GUI comments from the peanut gallery

/ GUI comments from the peanut gallery #1  

JCoastie

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE
I appreciate having recently become addicted to TBN, I check in morning, noon and night on different devices.
The desktop experience is great, new post indicators are clear and bright. i.e.

TBN-Desktop.png

I choose not to use specific separate mobile apps for viewing web pages/forums, I just use the native android/chrome experience. I find the new post indicators hard to distinguish with little contrast between no new and new post indicators on a mobile device, especially in the evening/night with a dimmed screen. i.e.

TBN-Mobile.jpg

The yellow from the desktop experience has a lot more contrast and is easier to notice and something similar would be beneficial (to me) on a small mobile display.

Continuing with mobile devices, I have not found a way to "Mark All Read" to reset the new post flags.

Lastly...and I preface this with the note that I have been running a completely unrelated forum for the last 21 years, so I fully understand there are reasons to keep specific high traffic forums at the top... With the exception of the top "General Tractor Topics" category which I would not touch, it would be great if the forums within the lower categories were alphabetized just like the "More Tractor Brands" category which is great. Admittedly I mostly view the Owning/Operating and Attachments forum, then swipe down and down to the LS Tractors forum. I have to keep a watchful eye because you really can't tell when you're getting close, because common tractor categories are not alphabetized either.

Thanks for offering a feedback forum and thanks for TBN, I've learned a lot in a short bit of time.

Attachments

• TBN-Desktop.png
    TBN-Desktop.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
   / GUI comments from the peanut gallery #2  
I am also addicted to TBN, but only use a computer. I rarely look at the individual Forums so I don't use the GUI Icons.

- I have email notifications turned off.

cpo.JPG

- This is what I get when I click the bookmark for "My Home":

mh.JPG

- After reading the subscribed threads I click "New Posts", that shows new posts from all forums:

new p.JPG

- After reading the posts that interest me I click "Mark All Read":

mar.JPG

- Then the next time I click "New Posts" it only shows posts that I have not read. blue t u.png

Last edited:
   / GUI comments from the peanut gallery
Correct, Mark All Read shows from a computer, I have not found it when using a phone/mobile device.

/ GUI comments from the peanut gallery #4  
Try going into the Chrome menu and select desktop.

The mobile version of this site use to have an option to view in desktop mode. Haven't loaded it in mobile mode in a very long time so not sure if that's still an option.

/ GUI comments from the peanut gallery
desktop mode is built in to the browser, so it is an available option, but it makes the text to small to read, that is why sites like this use a separate skin specifically for mobile devices.

/ GUI comments from the peanut gallery #6  
I really wish there was an easier way to add a subscription. 3 separate clicks when just a single subscribe button would do the job. I shouldn't complain. We have a pretty awesome site here. Someone can always answer your questions.

/ GUI comments from the peanut gallery #7  
While we're wishing:

I wish image uploads automatically fit the page instead of loading thumbnails.

/ GUI comments from the peanut gallery #8  
New design coming this weekend, actually. So I'll wait for your requests after the changes.

/ GUI comments from the peanut gallery #9  
Try going into the Chrome menu and select desktop.

The mobile version of this site use to have an option to view in desktop mode. Haven't loaded it in mobile mode in a very long time so not sure if that's still an option.

I"m able to get into desktop mode no problem (Firefox on mobile). Problem is I can't find a way to go BACK to mobile mode exept by clearing the cookies in my browser. Must be an easier way...

Oh and yeah, I do hope the update today will make the read/unread threads icon easier to differentiate on mobile.

/ GUI comments from the peanut gallery #10