Gooseneck or bumper pull?

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #31  
Actually, a properly installed GN hitch will be CENTERED on the centerline of the rear axle, not in front of it.
I installed my own in my F350, and it is slightly in front of rear axle
DBF37376-860A-4EFF-9DC4-3CCA45A0FD99.jpeg

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #34  
Every one I’ve ever installed (B&W and others) is just FORWARD of centerline. Including factory installed from Ram.
Yep. I installed a B&W on my newer SD. It's slightly forward. Tomorrow I'll report how much.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #35  
Everything that I have seen says to mount the ball 4" in front of the rear axle.
I don't think mine are that far forward. I'm too lazy to go check now. ;)

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #36  
Each trailer type has their place. My ‘opinion’ is a bit less than Hay Dude, north of 10k, I like the weight better distributed, but legally on a bumper pull can go much more

A bummer pull will track better behind you in turns as the hitch connection goes the opposite direction of the turn. Up to a certain length the trailer tires will take the same path as the truck rear tires, never the case with a GN, it will always track inside.

Being able to go beyond 90* in a turn can be very beneficial at times with a GN (not recommended often or loaded heavy as it is a great strain on trailer suspension .

Losing bed space with a GN sucks.

GN is overall longer if storage space is a concern.

If you don’t need to haul heavier weight, I’d stick with bumper.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #37  
My F150 is used for hitch pull for my small garden service trailer and my 7,920 pound tractor/trailer.

My F250 is used for gooseneck for my 14,000+ other trailers.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #39  
I cheat and have both. I use the 28+4 20K tandem dual wheel GN for heavy loads. I use the 18+2 14K Bumper Hitch for lighter loads.

I prefer to pull the GN but it's overkill sometimes. The trailer weighs 7K. Kinda silly for a 4K rock crawler. :)

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #40  
I prefer to pull the GN but it's overkill sometimes. The trailer weighs 7K. Kinda silly for a 4K rock crawler. :)
Haha...I'm imagining me driving down the highway with that behind my Tundra with a UTV on the trailer. That would almost max out my load.