Price Check Good price for a dk45se

/ Good price for a dk45se #1  

STROKETHIS

Tractor
John Deere 1520 FEL
I was wanting to check to see what a good price or deal was on a dk45se. I am talking with southern tractor here in my home tow of lufkin texas and there at bout 23k with a fel. I feel like there mite be a better dea to be had on this model but do not watn to start the process of haggleing on the price if this is already a good deal. So what is every one seeing and paying for this model. My dealer also sadi to step down to the dk40se would only be 1000 bucks less in price. Does that sound rite. It isn't worth it IMO to step down for just 1000 less. Also is there anything i need to know bout kioti's b4 i buy one. I have wet back in forth from kioti to kubota to mahindra an Looked at the John Deere but there just to pricey. I am a John Deere person at heart but there price tags have just gotten out of hand. To give a lil history on my self i Have grew up with ford 9n and masseys then steped up to a international as my first diesel and now have a 1520 JD that the injector pump has begin to give me issues and it size is really to big for the mowing i'm doing these days. I'm sure the JD with fel and loaded tires is tipping the scale close to or more then 8k> The tractor alone is close to 6K b4 loader and loaded rear tires. Any who sorry for the book i just wanted to let ya'll know some of my hitory as this is my first post and i am very excited bout buying my first brand new tractor. I am only 28 years old so there are alot of things that i do not know so hope fully i can get some good help from this site.

Last edited:
   / Good price for a dk45se #2  
Have you checked with other Kioti dealers besides your hometown dealer? I bought a DK40SEHST w/ 401 FEL, loaded rears & sunshade for a little under $21K (in May 2010).

What will you be doing with the tractor that the 45 is necessary over the 40? You mentioned a lot of mowing....what kind, brush hogging, finish mowing? Which tranny are you getting, HST or gear? There's only 4 hp in the motor and depending on the transmission, there is as little as 3.5 hp difference in the PTO. If you're pinching pennies, the 40 may be the way to go vs. the 45....you could put the $$ difference in an attachment of some kind??? Just food for thought.

To be honest, I wanted a Kubota soooo bad. BUT, when I compared the Kioti to the Kubota, several items came to the forefront.....(1) ergonomics (Kioti was better for me - seat angle and foot pedals); (2) price (Kioti was far better); (3) warranty (Kioti was better - granted, Kubota is known for their reliability). I drove the Grand L3940 HST, this model was close to the DK40SE HST but did not have the loader performance of the DK. The L3940 was b/w $4K and $6K more & I shopped 3 different Kubota dealers.

This is my first tractor, only other experience is on my father-n-law's JD 5303. I have not regretted it one bit!! 85 trouble free hours so far. Just wish I had the extra for a cab now that it is winter!!!:laughing: BTW, my father-n-law borrowed it to spread out 20 tons of topsoil on his garden this past fall and absolutely loved it!!!! He really liked the Remote Rear Implement Control Lever.....no one else has this (besides Bobcat - same tractor)!

You won't be disappointed!!! Good luck and when you buy, be sure to follow the well understood rule here.......POST PICTURES!!!!!:thumbsup:

/ Good price for a dk45se
its just guna be a basic tractor for the fram and hunting lease and odds and ends like that nothing major. NOt makeing a living with it or nothing. I will be going with the gear. I'm just not a fan of the hydrostat. Seems like more stuff to go wrong. I'm looking at this tractor purchase as a long time deal if not a lifetime purchase so i tihnk the gear will last longer then hst trans. I could be wrong but just seems that way. I haven't checked any other dealers. To be honest there not alot around me. SOUthern tractor has 3 locations with 100 miles of me so they kind of have east texas locked down some what. Also on the deal bout 40 vs 45 for grand i would go with the 45 just casue but if it was more of a price diff. which is sounding like it mite should be then i would step down to the 40 and never look back. I am actually looking at the ds4510 a lil more. Only thing i don;t care for bout it is the smaller bucket other then that it would be a winner. I like simple for longevity i dnt need all the bells and whisles they seem to be the things that break first.

/ Good price for a dk45se #4  
I'm sure any dealer worth their salt would put a 72" bucket on the DS model for you if that's what you really want? (Barring some kind of design issue...probably more of a price-point issue would be my guess?....the 401 and the 402 are identical from the specs except for the bucket size).

Good Luck!

/ Good price for a dk45se #5  
Hey STROKETHIS,
For the price difference I would go with the 45HP. That is the only one I keep in stock because the pricing is close. We just delivered 2 of them with 78" buckets. They fit fine and have no problem lifting most materials.
Good luck,
KiotiDave

/ Good price for a dk45se
KiotiDave said:
Hey STROKETHIS,
For the price difference I would go with the 45HP. That is the only one I keep in stock because the pricing is close. We just delivered 2 of them with 78" buckets. They fit fine and have no problem lifting most materials.
Good luck,
KiotiDave

So what's your advice on the dk45se vs the ds4510 if I can get the bigger bucket. How lacking is the hydraulic system compared to the dk45? And if I got the ds4510 is it worth it to get the hs with hydraulic clutch vs full manual?

/ Good price for a dk45se #7  
Hi,
The DK45 puts out about 3GPM more than the DS4510 but the loader lifts the same weight. The DK has rear aux remote valves std and not the DS4510. The hyd shuttle is convenient to speed up your work. Just a matter of taste. The DS is a less equipped(scaled back) version of the DK. Like the comparison of Kubota's Grand L and L models.
Dave G
KiotiDave

/ Good price for a dk45se #8  
KiotiDave said:
Hey STROKETHIS,
For the price difference I would go with the 45HP. That is the only one I keep in stock because the pricing is close.

What is the price difference these days between the DK40se and DK45se or 50se? I recall about a $1500 upcharge for the 45 and about the same or more from 45 to 50. That is pretty pricy for an additional 4 or 5hp when these three tractors are literally identical except for boring out the engine block by 200cc or 400cc and putting in wider pistons. I've always thought the DK40se was the sweet spot in the line up for that reason.