Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,662  
62F, wet, and cloudy @ 10:30, calling for a high of around 71F for the day. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible.

LWS reports we got 0.06" of precip since midnight. We are still 0.62" to the good YTD.

Beat The Woman getting up this morning so I made the coffee, She says "You better have made it good ..."

:oops:

She was apparently up and down all night. We both went to bed before midnight, I slept like a baby ... :giggle:

Refilled hopper feeder yesterday, plus scattered some for the squirrels and ground feeders.

Got rebar hammered in and tube feeder pole put back up, also (refilled) tube feeders rehung.

Too windy to spray during the day but was able to finish up the east side of the new forsythia planting bed last evening after the winds slacked off.

Spent most of the day mowing down here around the house and got that pretty much all done, except for the area around the large ash tree snag over on the west side that is hung up in the maple tree.

Woman worked on weeding the (unplanted) garden ... lol.

I hauled 2 dump cart loads of weeds up to the compost pile from that and dumped them.

Removed the 6 remesh panels off sawhorses, need to relocate sawhorses, put a piece of foam board on them, then cover that with cardboard, and then put remesh panels back on, carefully arranging them so that I spray them with phosphoric acid to kill the rust.

Removed box blade from the Kubota.

Pulled 4 short t-posts from around the red maple tree out in the front lawn. Brought those down to the house so they came be hosed off along with a bunch of shorter u-posts the neighbor gave us that we'll use as stakes for plants in the garden.

Hauled garbage and recyclables up to the cans at the road.

Got Menards rebates sealed up in stamped envelope but forgot to take it up and put it in the box when I took the trash up.

Emailed accountant for appointment.

Attempted to crack the gland nut loose on the loader lift cylinder using the wrench and a 3' section of pipe, no joy. Probably will take some heat.

Called local hydraulic shop to get a price/time on installing seal kits in loader cylinders, mainly because I didn't feel like messing with it, didn't want to spend the time on it. At $170 per cylinder and 3 weeks before they could get to them, it looks like I'll be doing them myself ... :LOL:

Cleaned the underside of the deck on the Cub again. Not nearly as bad this time, got some insight into the areas that are prone to loading up with grass.

After dinner I headed up to the shop with the Kubota and cleared some space to be able to get that inside to work on it today. Got it moved inside and parked for the night.

Took the Cub over and parked it in the barn after that since they were calling for rain overnight.

Agenda for today:

Water any seedlings that need it.

Schedule some bills for payment.

Head up to the shop and see if I can get that gland nut to come loose.

Otherwise see what else comes up.

Hope everyone is having a decent Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,665  
Decided to hook tiller to the Massey. Massey wouldn’t start, even with jump starter. Jumping with the ranger, sparks flew from positive terminal then nothing. Took battery lug off cable, one side bolt stripped. And neg uses 7/16 and pos is 1/2”. Course I looked and couldn’t find 10mm, finally got one from truck tool kit, only to discover that was wrong. Then immediately found the one searched for.
Wire brushed cable, terminals, found no ox so used some of that. Put it back together even with stripped bolt. Jumped with ranger, finally started. Had to move everything to get to tiller. Had to air back tires. Garden tilled. Kept tiller on tractor.
IMG_5242.jpeg
IMG_5238.jpeg

Starting cloud up suddenly. 82°
Never had lunch.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,666  
Drew, I have been getting more and more Anti Dr. visits. Seems all they want to do test after test. Then prescribing pills to cure WHAT MAYBE WRONG. I shut down the Urologist. Then the Gastrologist. No more MRI's looking for something that is not there. Next I will be looking for a new Primary Care. Last visit got me diagnoses of suffering Depression. Because I mentioned my wife and Aunts had passed in the last 5 years during a loaded question to get this info. He also brought up a Scan that was taken 5 years ago that might show fuzzies on liver. Also says I need to be on Cholesterol and BP meds because my blood test show I am on borderline of test numbers. I did all these meds 7 years ago. All they did was make me feel sick. I have made it to almost 82 years old without any illnesses. My last comment to Dr. was "you are not going to make a 21 year old out of a 81 year old". Maybe I am becoming a grumpy older man.
The quacks haven't got enough suckers on the line to make the payments on their yachts.
You are no grumpier than me. If I didn't have to do the annual medical to keep my license, the quacks would never see me. At 77 years old I take ZERO pills.

Obviously, I am back from North Bay. A very uneventful trip. Watched a guy with a pickup pass a big truck and cut back in 1.5 lengths after he passed the bumper. Cutting it kinda close in my eyes.
Ribs were good and free. (I do them with all the BBQ sauce on the side and use it for dipping.) It was Juniors turn to buy.

I used to get asked on the CB what MP stood for and I would reply with Making Puppies. My boss would say in my case it was Miserable P3nis. My answer was I get the job done when the senior guys didn't want to do it for whatever reason/excuse.
The older I get the less I tolerate whiners and cry babies within the company. This is my 39 year of putting up with whinging cry babies and old women.

The guy I haul with up north, on the day he hired on says to me, "gee there are a lot of old women here". My answer was, "ain't that the truth".

/ Good morning!!!! #189,669  
Good Afternoon,
The guy I haul with up north, on the day he hired on says to me, "gee there are a lot of old women here". My answer was, "ain't that the truth".
Bill, well said ! I never complain to my boss, not that I work that much now, but if I didn’t want to be there I wouldn’t be there ! I have a good truck and he treats me very well for a part timer !

Dennis, cute little Massey, looks like it did a good job !

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpeg
    IMG_3464.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37