Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,581  
Good Afternoon! 72˚F, thunderstorms ran over us earlier dumping a needed 2.1" rain

BIL inherited some land from his dad, in the will it stipulated it could not be sold. I looked around the internet and the stipulation of not selling cannot be enforced. But that's the least of their problems as the executor mistakenly deeded the land to BIL's children instead of him.
Yes you cannot have an 'estate in perpetuity'.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,582  
Good Evening Lou,

Lou, is the DW just too steep or don’t you trust the drivers ? I have put my truck up some pretty hellacious driveways! But I think I know my limitations !

My Vermont DW is about 800 ft long and I have seen my propane delivery guy sideways in the DW ! 😳
Chains can help, but sometimes even that’s not enough ! One mistake and it’s all over ! 😒

Have a good evening ! 🙏
My driveway is a 1/4 mile and the vast majority is 14-16 degree slope (24-25%) it faces away from the sun just enough that once the snow gets on it, it seldom leaves. Yes a fuel truck chained up could usually make it with no problems but I have no desire to take that chance. If they go off the low side it's a 3 to 10 ft bank to roll over on, the high side is nice as it's just stuck then. One of my portable fuel tanks (300 gallon) is on a trailer and if need be I can get that down empty (easily) and up loaded with two of my tractors when chained up on both ends.
I just have no desire to see anyone with a large truck on my driveway in the winter, I have a large tote that gets put at the foot of it for packages. My vehicles have studded tires or chains so no problem. When we have dinners or holidays I either sand very heavy and or will ferry people up in my vehicles. Everyone that I know nows that the driveway requires snow tires and 4 wd in the winter.

So it is a combination of too steep and my lack of faith in drivers and their willingness to chain up.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,583  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.7C and it's presently 20C, clear with a gentle breeze. Typical, weird, Autumn weather.

Yes, I'll get to clearing up Paddock #3 this arvo as it's a beautiful day for some 'tractor fun'.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,584  
Good Evening,
Understood Lou !

Tonites dinner and sunset ! 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_9104.jpeg
    IMG_9104.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
   / Good morning!!!! #189,585  
My driveway is a 1/4 mile and the vast majority is 14-16 degree slope (24-25%) it faces away from the sun just enough that once the snow gets on it, it seldom leaves. Yes a fuel truck chained up could usually make it with no problems but I have no desire to take that chance. If they go off the low side it's a 3 to 10 ft bank to roll over on, the high side is nice as it's just stuck then. One of my portable fuel tanks (300 gallon) is on a trailer and if need be I can get that down empty (easily) and up loaded with two of my tractors when chained up on both ends.
I just have no desire to see anyone with a large truck on my driveway in the winter, I have a large tote that gets put at the foot of it for packages. My vehicles have studded tires or chains so no problem. When we have dinners or holidays I either sand very heavy and or will ferry people up in my vehicles. Everyone that I know nows that the driveway requires snow tires and 4 wd in the winter.

So it is a combination of too steep and my lack of faith in drivers and their willingness to chain up.
Is it as bad as Andrew camarata’s drive up to his mountain?

/ Good morning!!!! #189,586  
Good evening all. 60ºF for the start, overcast, windy, 1.98 inch in rain gauge. windy most of the day, overcast most of the day with some scattered rain showers, and high temp was 76ºF. made coffee to start day, help setup chapel, Help cleanup, breakfast with group, we decided to try new Waffle House, not the best place for 6 people. Had some bills to pay, will mail or deliver checks tomorrow. Nap after lunch and some YouTube time. Made Chicken and dressing for dinner, forgot had ticket BBQ for tonight :(. Decided to pound chicken thinner, work out better than slicing.
Bill hope you can navigate the transition to the new tanks and fuel. Hope nap was good.
Ron glad shop and barn cleaned up. Hope NASCAR was good. Nice cardinal
Drew hope church was good, and planting went well.
Billy glad you got to play with the pups. Good luck with picking one out :)
Phil 65 years impressive anniversary! Glad you can make some progress inspite wet outside. Neat project, I don't remember seeing it before.
Buppies sorry you are behind on rainfall, hope job quoting goes well. prayers sent.
Paul glad daughter care going well dog care going fairly well and good meeting on AutoCad. Glad GS party a hit, had waffle at Waffle house myself, Hope you got to do some R/C. Nice pics
Thomas t-shirt weather, nice. Hope staining and NASCAR were good.
Scott(vt) glad you got to see nice sunset. Thanks for sharing.
Ken glad not much damage to ceiling outside of some sheetrock. Hope you trim stained and installed soon. Sorry about crowd at HD. Sorry bushes to far away, but I can always talk bikes.
PJ hope you were able to e wet grass mowed. Sorry about IT damage at work.
RS sorry about cylinder leak on Kubota. My wife would occasionally pick shirt or pant when I did poor job of color coordination. Very rare we wore matching outfits. Hope all is well now :)
Bill it does not hurt your injectors on tractor that operate at much higher pressure.
David hope you are in recovery mode.
Drew interesting post on Friends Fiduciary.
Dennis glad new connector cured most of the problems, hope you can sort out rest. Glad good worship and lunch. Hope trip to farm gets all problems fixed.
Dennis tornado SE of me, NE of Don by 100's of miles.
Thomas hope good progress on the list.
Phil neat pic
Randy(wag) hope you enjoyed the seat time.
Scott(vt) nice sunset and pic.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,588  
I have two portable tanks that are used for backup fuel if needed for the house tank and they have always had an additive added (usually Power Serve) as well as a biocide. Most years once I get snow on the driveway there is no way I would allow a fuel truck to make a delivery.
I have never noticed any effect on the oil fired boiler nozzle, I usually change it every two years now, I used to do it annually as it runs all summer for my hot water but I've seen no ill effects from the 2 year cycle.
My furnace gets a new nozzle and filters annually. That way my butt is covered if anything happens involving it. Same both my wood stove chimneys are cleaned out every year AND inspected. To keep the insurance shysters off my tail.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,590  
Coffee has finished brewing. 55° with some fog this morning. Heading to 76° with rain and thunderstorms. .82" rain over weekend. Changed house water filters. Found that shut off valves do not completely shut off water to filters anymore. Add their repair to todo list. Helped neighbor replace winch cable on his Duce and a Half. Used tools that I made last week for the attaching end piece on cable. Did get to watch end of NASCAR race. Kind of a boring race. Have 30 bags of mulch to put down today.
98OrTNb.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.