Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,521  
71F and partly cloudy @ 11:30, heading up to around 76F for the day's high. Slight chance of a shower this afternoon.

Rained a little earlier, LWS reports 0.04".

Started off yesterday by bringing all the tomato plants outside.

Then took the Cub up and sprayed the screened compost pile, plus some over on the east side of the shop and around the base of the oak tree behind it.

At that point the winds seemed to be picking up, checked WeatherBug - yup 13 mph, so I figured that I would move on to something else until the winds slacked off.

Went down and got the Kubota and came back up and started screening more compost. Started new pile (center) of screened material to avoid getting glyphosate on the tires of the Kubota and tracking it all over:

IMG_3203 copy.jpg

Woman came home while I was doing that so I knocked off and came on down to the house to pow-wow and plan the rest of the day.

She collected the mail on the way in, which had another Menards rebate check in it ... (y)

Remembered one of the next items on the agenda was to remove the Stella D'Oro and hostas from the rear, at the southeast corner of the house so that planting bed could be removed so we agreed on that for the day's work.

Took Kubota back up and grabbed 3 bucketloads of screened material to amend the bed around the oak tree that we cleaned the leaves off the other day.

Woman cleaned out the non-herbicide sprayer and mixed up another batch of peppermint extract and water and started spraying the west planting bed while I was doing that.

I plucked the rebar for the tube feeders while I was back there and had the LM bucket on.

Once that was done I swapped out the Light Material Bucket for the Stump/Shrub Bucket and proceeded around back to start popping out hosta.

Made some progress there, but still lots more to go:

IMG_3201 copy.jpg

Fortunately we have plenty of places where we can replant it ... ;)

Woman split what I got dug out of there, and then we planted it in the new bed around the small oak tree:

IMG_3200 copy.jpg

Still needs mulched.

Woman went around front with the Cub and dragged the Water Buffalo around back ... and after several attempts at finding the correct hose coupler, I got it hooked up and filling.

We had 6 hosta left over ... so we planted that over by the maple at the southwest corner of the house to start filling in that area:

IMG_3202 copy.jpg

Woman sprayed all of the new plantings with peppermint juice.

Once that was done, we were as well ... called it a day and came inside to eat dinner.

After dinner I headed out to the garage and starting filtering more glyphosate premix into the one sprayer I had mostly emptied.

Also moved most the cut plywood for the router and assembly tables onto a furniture dolly so it could be stored under the assembly table top.

Agenda for today:

Dole out meds for this coming week.

Kubota getting low on fuel, hopefully can dispatch The Woman down to the corner to refill the cans.

Hammer in rebar for tube feeder pole in new location and get those put back up.

Seedlings need watered, hopefully can palm that off on The Woman ... once I show Her how to do it.

Front needs mowed along with some other areas, so that's what I'll be spending most of my time on.

Maybe get blade swap done on Cub after mowing.

Fix live trap.

Hope everyone is having a decent Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,522  
Good Afternoon,
Anna Maria Island, we arrived to our building under renovation! 😒 Kathleen is not happy, she called the owner and he can’t give us a better condo to stay at until next Wednesday! Our friends should arrive here in an hour or so, hopefully we can figure out what to do ! Our windows are covered in plastic and scaffolding all around ! Not good ! 😒

Attachments

• 73592821619__01792DBB-1BEC-4BC1-A47A-E6F0D9EDAD23.jpeg
    73592821619__01792DBB-1BEC-4BC1-A47A-E6F0D9EDAD23.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
   / Good morning!!!! #189,523  
as I go off this morning looking for commercial veggies, Bonnie plants five bucks each??
I sure will be motivated next year to do what RS is doing, growing from scratch.
5 bucks for a tomato plant makes the food expensive
3 for 10 is what I'm hunting

RS, do you ship?

No ... pick up only.

But a free redbud seedling is included with every order of 12 or more plants.

;)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,524  
not good at all Scott, little failure to communicate I'd say.

finished planting all the daffodils I was given, guess about 60 new ones, they will be a different color than what I have now so looking
forward to next Spring. Reminds me I have to deadhead some.
mowed the lawn and pushed the trimming mower. Gotta get my steps.
legs and back tired, need to recoup

landlady came over, she just got back from overseas and was checking in.
She confirmed a five year extension of current lease was fine with them.
good
We talked about her two kids selling the rental properties she owns after she passes,
which she is comfortable talking to me about since i worked with these issues professionally for a long time.

step brother just asked me to help him help a 90 yo friend with her finances and this afternoon have to work up
something in Excel. When I was working, I had awesome software that crunched all kinds of factors and showed a range
of probabilities for when the money would run out. Now I have to do it "manually" which is less accurate but
hopefully enough to provide guidance. No matter how much folks have, unless they are very wealthy, usually there is always the
concern do I have enough? At every level. Very important question and wise to answer vs winging it.

my stepbrother is an older retired corp attorney, I have done his planning and he knows how I think.
So, we can help a little old lady together.
I told him I work for food and wanted a small plate of
low sugar oatmeal raisin cranberry cookies
his wife will make something with honey in it I'm sure
maybe some ground dates too

time for some fresh coffee if I'm working with numbers

David/Sodamo hope you are feeling much better

/ Good morning!!!! #189,525  
Tried to load a few logs onto the trailer. In my dad's yard and wanted to get them to the property where his sawmill is.

Logs didn't budge but the winch moved our superduty and trailer. Heavy bastards.

Gotta go to plan F.

20240426_184128.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,526  
You need a bigger truck ha ha

Nice Drew

RSWYAN Mrs Red Bird is fussy today her topknot is out of control

Scotty that is not right they should move you all hope everything works out

/ Good morning!!!! #189,528  
Went out today and scored some more loot from the bank, then went and did a small shopping at two of the local stores while it was more or less nice out. Pissing down rain now and it will continue for the next 5 days. The last two days are 40 and 30% respectively.
I just found out that the GPS defeater that I wanted to get is worth $2600.oo and is illegal in both the U.S. and Canuckistan.:(
It used to be with the old qualcom system that you could put a galvanized bucket over the pumpkin on the top of your tractor and that would make the tractor invisible to the receiver. Excellent for going to the cat house. We don't have qualcom. The system we have plumbs straight into the OBD port behind the dash. I guess I will have to take a taxi to the cat house. That could get expensive, on top of the price for the cats.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,529  
61°F and light rain this morning, going up to 77° here today. Rain started sometime Thursday evening, and has been off and on since. Forecast keeps changing, but best bet is it will do this through Monday. Rather windy as well, gusting up to 38-ish mph today.

Probably no mowing this weekend.

Been awhile ... again. Hope everyone is well.

Good afternoon, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,530  
Tried to load a few logs onto the trailer. In my dad's yard and wanted to get them to the property where his sawmill is.

Logs didn't budge but the winch moved our superduty and trailer. Heavy bastards.

Gotta go to plan F.

View attachment 864669
will the sawmill handle them? Some big ones.