Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,632  
59F and partly cloudy 11:00, heading up to around 72F for the day's high.

Bright sunshine at the moment ... (y)

Retrieved Cub and dump cart from the barn yesterday and then took sprayer around back to the garden and got the east side mostly all sprayed except for a little section on the very edge before I ran out of juice in the sprayer. Also got some spots west of the cattle panel trellis sprayed as well.

After that I took the Cub and cart over and started picking up sticks on the west side around the bird feeders. Got that pretty much done, just needs a little polishing up ... kinda right near where the tree would fall if it came down ... :oops:

Definitely no wearing the earmuffs and listening to tunes while doing that ... ;)

Was eyeing a couple of black locusts I plan on taking down for fence posts when I went to the back to dump the sticks.

Woman was out doing some shopping while I was doing much of that. She brought me a Subway Cold Cut Combo home for lunch ... (y)

She was successful in procuring a couple of pairs of eclipse glasses. (She is currently making green bean casserole and lemon bars for the "eclipse party" later today)

After lunch I got some mowing done on the east side and out front.

Amazon snuck in sometime on Saturday and delivered the order with the draw knife, fungicide, and little plant markers.

A lot of the cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli seedlings have died ... either damping off or they just got too hot under the clear plastic covers while sitting in the sun. Will replant those items that I have seeds for. Unfortunately the "cheddar" cauliflower isn't one of them ... :(

Tomatoes still doing great tho' ...

Cut another section of poultry netting yesterday to make another cage to go over seedlings.

Next two days are supposed to be dry (but mostly cloudy) with highs in the 60's and 70's. Then a couple of days with a chance of rain.

Only 1 day in the Ten Day forecast with a high in the 40's ... otherwise 50's, 60's, and 70's.

Hope everyone has a decent "Eclipse Day" ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,634  
Looks like I will have a lot of work to get my trails safe again. Still have some enormous Ash trees that are in the state of dropping branches and falling.
Here's a few smaller ones that are progressing nicely.
I can sympathize with your constant battle with vegetation. We don't have too many Ash trees. I don't think I've ever seen one in a Texas forest that I know of. But we have penty of damage from pine beetles and oak wilt.

Is this anything like your Ash trees?

/ Good morning!!!! #188,635  
I can sympathize with your constant battle with vegetation. We don't have too many Ash trees. I don't think I've ever seen one in a Texas forest that I know of. But we have penty of damage from pine beetles and oak wilt.

Is this anything like your Ash trees?

Smaller cousin, most of the bigger ash are in the 80-100 feet+.
We have(had) Green and white Ash here.
Mountain ash is not affected by EAB.

Pine beatles and oak wilt, elm die off, so many trees getting taken out.

But we have lots of invasives to take their place :-(

/ Good morning!!!! #188,636  
65°F and .81 inches rain

Solar event about to begin but too overcast.
Described here as Bite of the sun.

Hope many of you have a memorable event.

Busy day ahead. First up my semi annual eye example. Looking for a good eye test as I need new glasses. Then our semi annual dentist visit, cleaning and exam.

Happy Hour at friends this afternoon.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,637  
Good Morning Everyone,

I know that I've been hit / miss for a couple hundred pages of this thread. I'm managing.

Nothing new yet in the big picture of my pending divorce.

making plans (house, yard, property) for when I am eventually able to keep the house

Sciatica has calmed down (that was excruciating for 5-6 weeks)

Spring has arrived

Newest grandson (5 wks) is doing great, as are older brother (2 yrs), my daughter and her husband. I'm planning a trip to see them - hopefully in May.
It is a 10 hr drive, I need to take the dog, and I need to get through tax season and also buy a vehicle for roadtrips.

Praying as I see / read the needs

/ Good morning!!!! #188,639  
IMG_3179.JPG

About 1/4 of the sun is covered. Pic doesn’t really show it

/ Good morning!!!! #188,640  
Good Morning!

Slightly cloudy day. Not much wind so far. Slight possibility of rain. Mid 70's probably all day.

I've seen some pics of eclipse viewers which are pretty funny. I guess it takes all kinds and right now a lot of them are right up the road. I prefer our beautiful Texas sunsets and sunrises to any eclipse.

@daugen, you will get to see a beautiful sunrise over Galveston Bay when you are at Crystal Beach.

Everyone enjoy Eclipse Day, another day to serve our Heavenly Father. Prayers for our Nation!