Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,601  
Nice day high was 62

Busy few days. Went down on one of the trips to the old ice cream shop for Mint Chip Ice cream. Always what wife likes

Installed the Bosch dishwasher. Had to install an electrical connection box to hook it up and a new water line and drain line. My body was protesting getting under the cabinet and hole sawing etc

The delivery people shorted me and I did not get the parts that should have been with it. Maybe they left it in the box when they took it off. HD will get it to me from Bosch but will be Thursday next week. But installed it anyway with what I had on hand. Only thing I really need now is the toe plate

Planted 8 Forsythia 5 gallon plants

Also fixed the Yard hydrant by silver brazing the stem back on the rod. Not easy to hold it in position to get it brazed. It does not work to tack it because it stays fluid and falls off. And did not have 3 hands. So had to cut treads to hold it
IMG_3452.JPG
long enough to braze it all-around. Install it and it works. Saved a lot work from digging it up. Picture shows the brass steam brazed to the stieel rod

/ Good morning!!!! #188,602  
Also fixed the Yard hydrant by silver brazing the stem back on the rod. Not easy to hold it in position to get it brazed. It does not work to tack it because it stays fluid and falls off. And did not have 3 hands. So had to cut treads to hold it long enough to braze it all-around. Install it and it works. Saved a lot work from digging it up. Picture shows the brass steam brazed to the stieel rod

Nice job. It’s not easy brazing brass to steel, and in position like that without a fixture makes it even tougher.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,603  
Good Evening.
70° and sunny here in Wichita.
Yesterday winds were about 50, made it interesting opening doors. The picture doesn’t do it justice.

IMG_2586.jpg

I’ve spent most of the last 4 days either in a class room or locked in a moving box, so the outside weather is pretty irrelevant.

Nothing else to report other that I’ve go some trees to clean up when I get home. My wife says she’s not sure whether it was the wind or the earthquake, but there is work for me regardless. I’ll see on Tuesday what’s in store for me. She says it’s definitely too wet to get the tractor and grapple involved, so depending on how precarious things are, it might just wait a while longer.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,605  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 9.5C and it's presently 20.2C, sparsely clouded & calm. There was 2mm in the gauge at 0900.

I might pop into town today; pick up some mail, top up the ute with petrol and drop that clothing donation off at the Op-Shop. Perhaps a wee trip over to Pyengana for some cheese as a raffle prize for a Saturday meeting in Ross.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,606  
Nice job. It’s not easy brazing brass to steel, and in position like that without a fixture makes it even tougher.
For sure
Thanks popgadget
Smallest tip I had was Victor number 1 and turned down as much I could without backfiring
Could really use smaller tips for work like this

/ Good morning!!!! #188,608  
The BH is on and the sunken part of the driveway is fixed for now.
Attacked one of the 8 tree stumps I want to clear out on the north west side of the house. Right now the biggest (3' dia) of the stumps has a 3' deep moat around it. It has a smaller (2' dia) tree stump growing out of the side of it. Cut into the bigger stump vertically and put some Epsom salts in the cuts. Then took a leak on it just to start the rot process. Will probably go out tomorrow morning and put more Epsom salt on it. Probably wont do anything to it until after I get back from down south.
Bag is packed. The cat didn't see me do it, so I should be good to go on Tuesday.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,609  
Good evening all. 52ºF for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. Moderate wind, partly cloudy sky, and high temp was 77ºF. Chapel setup to start day, after chapel, breakfast with small group, some the others wanted to try lodge buffet (18.00). Meal delivery went smoothly. Got home had lunch, napped, woke up to late to go to Caitlin Clark watch party. Grief share cancelled. Got the link other riders pic.
Saturday 9:33 CDT post:
Dennis thanks for update on son. Hope your sore throat is better. Generally medical events prior to coverage starts will not be covered. Hope eval is good.
Scott(vt) Have fun with the grands. Sorry about cleaning duties. Thanks for Vermont pic
David glad you can sneak in some mowing. Is it phone or network issues?
Lou sorry you missed it.
David no dash cam or GoPro experience.
RS what will you do with 70ºF day ;)? Sorry about no Espoma bone meal. Still snowing! Good to hear wife feeling better. Nice germination on that tray. Hope you got day agenda taken care of.
Kyle sounds like you are eating good :) Good to hear son did well at track meet. Sorry about relay results.
Scotty glad tractor delivered with no problems. You can help him get fixed up. Glad you got some seat time and showed him some in and outs of tractor operation. Glad gate sensor fixed.
David sorry cold rain on first try.
Randy(wag) glad to hear you got more rain, and tanks are full. Hope church was good.
Don glad new filter fixed leak. I understand you quandary with IRS check. Sorry nothing was bought, your restraint is commendable.
Sunday morning 2 AM CDT posts:
Two_bit no quakes near enough or strong enough for me to feel. Thanks for explaining CAD.
Buppies we have 3 days of rain here! Sorry you are so cool. prayers sent
Ron good to hear parts for MMM sorted. Nice you were able find and fix the neighbors wiring faults. Hope you got rock removal done. Nice sunrise !
Bill hope BH went on with no problems. Packing the bag is when I get excited for the trip :)
Billy glad less wind. Hope you enjoyed your R&R day. I watched the women's Basketball ball game, one of my fellow riders is an Iowa Alum.
Drew congrats on getting a fish named after you!
Mike something is not right when you have to mow bundled up. Hope weed whacking went well.
Thomas hope you had good putter day.
Ken sorry about dog freaking out. Glad just a scare. Hope son helped with cleanup :) Looking forward to Rove review. Sorry about running out of gas chipping. nice pics
RS congrats for the new bird spotted. Hope your new plant protector helps slow down the deer. Sorry about the water pressure problem, glad pressure help over night.
Two_bit seems like Dallas going a bit overboard in eclipse prep.
Buppies glad birds putting on show.
Phil Murphy must have sabotaged your belt on blower. Nice projects. Glad health is holding up for the both of you.
David sorry no mow window.
Buppies nice view.
Scott(vt) nice drill. Hope getting requalified went well.
Kyle hope bible study went well. Glad son helping around the house. Hope plans work out for eclipse for family. Thanks for prayers.
Dennis glad good worship, and son made it to help with slides and streaming. Glad good lunch, hope Wednesday class goes well.
Frits glad wife could join for ice cream. Glad dishwasher installed, sorry about parts shortage. Glad hydrant repaired, nice job.
Paul nice weather hope wind dies down. Hope training went well. Sorry about the down trees.
Dennis hope Dr visit goes well and he ask Dr about knee.
Randy(wag) Hope you get your agenda done.
Bill glad BH is on and bag packed. Have fun with stumps.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

Attachments

• IMG_6214.JPEG
    IMG_6214.JPEG
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
   / Good morning!!!! #188,610  
Good morning, the low is 42 and going to a high of 55°F. Wind E 8 mph. Mix of sun and cloud.
I guess the 80% eclipse will just look like the clouds are hiding the sun. I don't look directly at the sun at any time. I do not drive into either the rising nor the setting sun either.

The garage and towing service I use has a number of roll off trucks. One of them when he comes back from North Bay will be picking up my new tank. Hopefully it is here today, but I am not holding my breathe. I can't do anything with it until after I come back from the meetings.

Energy conservation for the rest of today.

Have a safe day all