Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,171  
Coming home we stopped to walk the suspension bridge over the James River. It was bouncing and swaying so much from the strong winds I only went half way then came back. The video doesn’t do it justice.
I don't blame you for turning around on that bridge. Not sure I would cross it on a calm day. Nice picture though!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,172  
had fun this morning planting cukes and a lone bush bean.
testing the first batch, lots more growing, likely I'll freeze this but who knows.
couple of nights I might lay some insulating cloth down over top of them.

raised planter I built yesterday turned out nicely. I lined it with landscape cloth today to cover the drain holes
and haven't decided what to plant in it yet.

I had the most marvelous steak last night, the marbling really caught my eye, and I had a 15 percent off coupon.
Still made it a 30 dollar steak, so like going to restaurant. I could only eat half, other half I need to reheat in something other than
the microwave, that makes it tough as can be. Maybe I'll slice it up for a stir fry.

went to local nursery and bought a couple of pansy planters. Now it officially feels like Spring.

need to sit and rest for a bit

Attachments

• IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2995.JPG
    IMG_2995.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2996.JPG
    IMG_2996.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 28
   / Good morning!!!! #188,174  
Insurance adjuster should be here in a few hours to look at tree through the roof. It is still sticking through into the Great Room. A closer exam shows some possible structural damage to interior exposed posts and beams. Likely need a structural opinion but I will start with the insurance guy.
Hopefully this is favorably resolved.

Sounds like your contractor issue will resolve itself soon. You treated him better then he has treated you concerning the insurance/license.

32f is pretty cold to have a hole in the rooof with a limb sticking through it. Good luck!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,175  
34 going to 72.

Congrats to son, Kyle. Never heard of a hydraulic bicycle, but sounds cool. I have one of those long handle windshield squeegees, too...telescoping job sold as the Rain-X brand at Walmart...I like it.

BEF, looks like Buchanan. What was the name of the restaurant?

I was in the mountains yesterday, too. Did a killer hike...near the top of the ridge, the reported wind gusts were 50mph. Felt like a hurricane. Part of my hike took me through the area burned in the "Quaker Run" fire that consumed 4,000 acres back in November. Saw a turkey and a woodcock, and most of the big trees seemed to have survived...were budding or flowering. They had used the hiking trail as a firebreak...widened it with equipment, so it is pretty torn up, but it looks like no fire made it to the other side of the break, so was a terrific job. They had done a lot of chainsaw work to take down any dead trees that may have had embers, and to remove trees that may allow spread across the firebreak.
Thanks and Beautiful pics. It was very windy here yesterday morning too, but not like you had on top of the mountains. I'm thankful you can still get around and do your hiking.

rs was the early bird today. How are the strawberries? Are they coming up yet?

Ron, nice photo. Bad stories?

Someone gave 2 baby ducks to my daughter....I wish they hadn't. They are in a big plastic container and start cheeping when you go into the room. When the weather gets warmer, we'll put them outside in an enclosed chicken wire cage we have. Have to protect them from the cat. The cat leaves the big chickens alone, but she killed a baby bunny a couple days ago.

Kenmbz, glad y'all had a good time and made it home safe. I saw where a bad dude (who had no biz being out of prison) pushed someone fatally into the subway tracks. :(

Just had coffee. Already 71F and HIGH POLLEN. Even the dog is sneezing as is most of the family. Thinking about what to do today.

Prayers for our team, our country, Israel and Ukraine.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,176  
Good Morning! A little cloudy and 69f this fine Saturday morning! Damp but not raining yet. Good day to piddle in the building and yard. Had a nice NY strip yesterday with my son.

Nice looking T-bone there @daugen !

@Buppies, haven't seen anything from you this morning. Hope everything is fine with you!

Happy Easter everyone! Prayers for our Nation!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,177  
Popgadget, our cnc plasma Torchmate is supposed to have a height sensing capability where it can go up and down with warped material. It is not working yet, I have sent emails to them with no reply. Maybe they are hoping I will relent and call a serviceman, who has to travel 2 hours to get to us @ $100/hour plus....I still want to buy all new consumables and double check ground wiring. I might need to build some type of strain relief to hold the main hose from the hypertherm to the torch better in place. It has a "break away" feature (which I highly recommend), but any little touch is causing it to break, due to the stress the hose it putting on it. It's a matter of spending more time on it to figure it out. But it is all new to me.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,179  
Good afternoon! 71˚F only getting a few degrees warmer with lots of clouds.

Everything is breaking or falling apart this week. 2 year old EGO battery will not hold a charge and my Otter Box phone cover is falling apart. I called the Manufactures they are both under warranty and they will be sending a new phone protector and EGO will send a Battery in a week or so. It seems like I am using warranties a lot in the past few years.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,180  
had fun this morning planting cukes and a lone bush bean.
testing the first batch, lots more growing, likely I'll freeze this but who knows.
couple of nights I might lay some insulating cloth down over top of them.

raised planter I built yesterday turned out nicely. I lined it with landscape cloth today to cover the drain holes
and haven't decided what to plant in it yet.

I had the most marvelous steak last night, the marbling really caught my eye, and I had a 15 percent off coupon.
Still made it a 30 dollar steak, so like going to restaurant. I could only eat half, other half I need to reheat in something other than
the microwave, that makes it tough as can be. Maybe I'll slice it up for a stir fry.

went to local nursery and bought a couple of pansy planters. Now it officially feels like Spring.

need to sit and rest for a bit
I like to reheat my steaks in a frying pan with a bit of butter.
They come out quite well.