Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,082  
61°F and .9 inches rain. Looks to be another wet one.

Nothing too serious accomplished yesterday. I did get a 240v outlet installed to power my external battery charger. This is powered by my smaller generator.
IMG_1307.JPG

I’ll replace the plastic cover with proper metal plate.
Have to make a run to HD today. After the garage fridge broke Sophie suggested maybe we consider replacing with just an upright freezer. The numbers favor that. HD has an 11 cf upright and price gave me both a Pro and Military discount. I think I can sell the repaired (new compressor) fridge and nearly break even. If only I could buy meat like Ted

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,083  
Good Morning
It was 28° when I got up this morning, still snowing. Now it’s partly cloudy and 34. Another 5” of snow.

Yesterday I got the mower deck project finished and ready to mount back on the mower. Also freed, greased and cleaned the driveshafts, so they are ready to be re-installed. Cleaned up the majority of the mess that I made, got a Costco run in and played music before calling it a day.

Today started in the tractor plowing snow.
IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

Got everything cleaned up, and had a nice breakfast with youngest son. We are going to my daughters to shovel her driveway while she is at work. I’ll probably stop at the airport and clear out in front of the hangar for the little plane if I have the energy. Not much else planned.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,084  
back in plow mode. All done including neighbors driveway and round about.
Can you imagine when I first moved here I used the snowblower to do the whole road and driveway.
Hadn't driven a tractor in decades when I bought this little sub-compact.
Will need to clean up the plow frame welds as they are getting a bit rusty and make sure their is no cracking, but the plow works well enough to speed up the cleaning.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.
Screenshot 2024-02-17 125002.png

/ Good morning!!!! #186,085  
Good Morning! (it's still only 11:52am here)

Ron that 19f makes the 39f I woke up to this morning seem tropical. I just now finally found my pair of flannel lined jeans so I'm now ready for a little cold weather.

BEF, hang in there I think it's going to get worse then better in no time.

Buppies, it's good to hear you got restful sleep last night!

scott_ and everyone still getting snow, just enjoy it while it's there, sunny days are coming!

We are going to be running back and forth between the Piney Woods and the Hill Country for the next couple weeks.

Two weeks of EV starts Tuesday Feb. 20th and then Election Day is March 5th. Super Tuesday!

An old friend of mine used to pull this on people around Elections.
Him: Did you vote yet? Other: sure did.
Him: Well, if you didn't vote like me you voted wrong. Other: Uh, how did you vote?
Him: Like I wanted to.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Everyone have a great Saturday! Stay warm and well-fed, be happy and pray for our Nation.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,086  
Plowed the driveway and cleaned up around the house. Sun is doing a good job drying up

D is sounding a little better. She has been sick most of the week with a cold.
Reviewed her resume that she had someone prepare. Very impressive. Nice clear inspiring format. Several interviews next week

/ Good morning!!!! #186,087  
To do my 240v outlet yesterday I had to drill appropriate hole in the metal cover. Bought a set of carbide tipped hole saws off Temu. Worked great except near the end the drive belt was jumping off the pulley of my 2007 Delta 17-950L drill press. Never had that happen before. Seems pulley is held in place by a nut which had come off. Found the nut, no problem just reinstall. Not quite as the threads appear a bit bunged up ???? Strange as I’ve maybe changed speeds (belt position) maybe 3 or 4 times since 2007 and that doesn’t involve removing pulley. Rather exhaustive internet search showed both nut and sleeve no longer available. Further research showed both are some special size LH thread. Did find a forum where some guy machined his own, not within my skill set. Thinking maybe some sort of collar with a set screw would work. I surely can’t justify replacing the whole DP.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,089  
Ate a bowl of soup for lunch, then my stomach has been hurting since. I felt great taking amoxicillin, this new one is tearing me up. 1 a day for next 4 days. Azithromycin.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,090  
Good Afternoon Guys,
David, maybe you can talk Kyle into machining a LH nut ! Or better yet find out if NacMaster Carr stocks it ! English or metric ? I could do it for you if I still worked at Pitney Bowes ! Unfortunately don’t have those capabilities any longer !
muskrat
really?
Drew, all I can think of now is Captain and Tenille singing Muskrat Love ! 😂

scott_ and everyone still getting snow, just enjoy it while it's there, sunny days are coming!
TBS, yes indeed, don’t think that I’m not thinking about spring right about now ! 😉