Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,002  
Good Morning!!!! 47F @ 6:30AM. Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 64F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Finally got a call back from the hot tub tech, who wanted $190 for a service call, and another couple hundred if the heater is busted. He'll be out next Wednesday.

Considering the PO's inexperience with mounting shelves, there are at least two more of them here that I should check before I put any more weight on them.

The garbage company delivered a recycle bin yesterday, which I promptly filled with beer bottles and cardboard. Nice to have both off the garage floor, but they were supposed to deliver two bins, and I could easily fill another one from the stack of accumulated boxes. Not easy getting anyone on the phone to complain, as they either don't pick up until it rings at least ten times, or don't pick up at all. The name of the company says it all: Waste Management. Rumor has it the county is going to another contractor sometime this year who is supposed to have better service at lower prices. I'd say WM set the bar pretty low.

Got the bathroom walls sanded and more masking paper down, and finally got a coat of paint to cover the refried beans. Gonna take another coat, but the improvement will be worth it, even though it is just plain old white. What I'm covering is actually bead board, and I was afraid the roller wouldn't push the paint into the grooves, but it did a pretty nice job with only a quarter inch of nap.

UPS dropped off a new mesh WiFi system late yesterday, and reviews said it was pretty much plug'n'play. That was pretty much the case, just following prompts on the phone app got the first node up and running. Plugged another one in at the office, and it came up and connected all by itself. Hooked an ethernet cable up between it and the network attached storage machine, and it connected to the network as well. Speeds weren't up to the advertised gigabit, only half that, but there's a ceiling and wall between the two that's probably slowing things down. I have a reel of CAT5E cable up north I'll bring down next trip to run between the two nodes that will hopefully improve that. This morning I found instructions on redit for turning off the WiFi on the Xfinity modem, so there's less competition for bandwidth now. Xfinity's website was less than helpful for that.

Got a friend with a birthday today, so we'll wander out to Jamala Beach with the dog and I'll buy lunch to take advantage of free parking. We also want to see if they're allowing walk up camping again.

Need to get another coat of paint on the bathroom first, so I better get goin'.

TGIF gang!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,005  
Pretty sure I just need to put the belts and blades on it and it’s ready to go back on the mower. Of course I still have 3 drive shafts to free up and lube when I put it back together. That will happen this morning. (Except putting it back on the mower, as it’s out in the snow).
Looking better than new!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,006  
Morning all!
29 with bad wind gust! 2 inches of snow in the driveway that can stay there till the wind stops!
Wife and I are both coming down with sore throat and congestion! We went to a shoe store and the clerk was coughing all over the place! Gee! Thanks!
Good day for a nap as I couldn't sleep much last night!
Put the final finish on two projects Wednesday. Live edge Catalpa and Walnut bowls. Not sure what's next?
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy! I'm heading for the couch!
View attachment 852577View attachment 852578View attachment 852579
Hope you get to feeling better soon! Those bowls are beauitful. Never knew Catalpa wood was that nice!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,008  
Good Morning! It's 60f and cloudy here. Sweetheart said last night she wanted to go to the Big City today for some reason. I hope she forgets about it.

The March 5th primary is right on us. Early Voting starts Tuesday Feb 20th.

Online vehicle registeration is really fantastic. Our TxDMV has done a great job getting it very streamlined. We have to wait until 2025 for the Motor Vehicle Inspection to be eliminated. Then things will be even easier. Not cheaper because we will still pay the $7.50 fee but no trip to the Sticker Stop to get the "inspection" done.

I hope everyone who has had trouble sleeping gets naps in today. I do enjoy a good nights sleep but naps are nice.

Prayers for our Nation, leaders and anyone who is ailing or feeling down! Looking for bright skies and gentle breezes ahead. Stay well-fed and happy!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,009  
Good morning! Low was only 31°, going to 52°, sunny. Light breezes. A cold front supposed to move across overnight, dropping the temps just a little. Might get a dusting overnight.

Had a few early errands yesterday in the big city....
All accomplished without issue. Then stopped at the restaurant supply to pick up a chunk of NY Strip. They have an end cap cooler that they put "clearance" items in, so went that way to check....

There were 2 guys reducing the prices on a cartload of meat.... there were a bunch of pork butts, flank steaks, and 2 big rib eye roasts. They were being marked at 50% off.... I asked the guy if he would reduce them to 80% off if I took both....
Yep.... And a couple packs of pork butts.

Came home with 36 lbs of prime rib and 20 lbs of pork. Total cost: $115. Unbelievable! No way was
I going to pass up that deal! The smoker will get a workout this season.....

Dennis, sorry you got sick. Hopefully a speedy recovery.

Drew, sorry about the greenhouse calamity! Good that not too much loss. Hopefully weight down low will help.

RNG, sounds like the previous owners just slapped up the shelves for "show" during the sale... fast and not done correctly. Nice surprise behind the toilet with the paint.... we were in a rental house years ago when I was building ours.... one day, the wife pulled these super heavy curtains to the side.... yep, the owners just painted around the curtains.... nothing behind them. Funny at the time.

Paul, great job repairing the mower! Hopefully another few years of life. How are the wing mowers?

Fritz, the writing is on the wall.... he doesn't want to hear what you have to say. I wouldn't turn this into a neighbor vs. neighbor..... get the proper authority to handle it. I wouldn't put any faith into any 'work' that he does. He may actually make it worse!

WNG, hope the move of the MIL's apartment goes well. Thanks for the beautiful pics of the hike. That was a big tree taken down by a beaver!

Rip, sorry that you have to deal with your dad's house. Hopefully won't become an issue.

Going to try and get out to the shop today and finish the little display case for the wifey. Exchanged the frosted acrylic for clear yesterday, so no excuses now.....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,010  
80% off if I took both....
Yep.... And a couple packs of pork butts.

Came home with 36 lbs of prime rib and 20 lbs of pork. Total cost: $115. Unbelievable! No way was
I going to pass up that deal! The smoker will get a workout this season.....
You lucky dawg!