Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,292  
22°F and cloudy this morning, got up to 38° here today. We've had two days in a row above freezing. I don't hate that. Plunging back down into the teens tonight, and single digit lows the next three nights. Cold snap, pt 2.

I see we meandered into uncomfortable topics again this week. I guess we miss Roy reminding us in large fonts that those topics don't belong here. I also see we managed to overcome it, as we always do. Good people here. Even though I can't seem to get here every day anymore, the GM thread still remains my favorite place on the internet.

Hope everyone is well.

Good evening, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,293  
Good evening all. Light wind day, sky remained clear and high temp was 55ºF. Talked with fidelity about the annuity, bike ride went well, first ride in a week :(. Tomorrow ride will be in garage as temp will be 20+ degrees cooler. Still need to swap out rear tire on Trek so I can put it in the stationary stand. Took 4 hour to cook the chalupas, eat dinner and wash dishes :(. Rest of night was catching up. No nap :(. Can't remember if I posted tractor beam or not, other is the chalupas.
Wednesday morning 8:08 AM CST post:
Paul when you say fire place are you going use standard fireplace, or a stove with large door and incorporate a outside air source ? If standard fireplace look into getting glass door that can be closed during fire burning. I had a see through fireplace like that, it was double wall. Fan blew air though the space, controlled by a furnace blower switch, with the cold air return at other end of house. worked pretty decent. With you skill and blank sheet of paper, I'll bet it will work better.
Ken(tin) glad power not off long.
Scotty those fees just take my breath away.
RNG glad packed to gills mostly good weather. Hope trip south was smooth.
Paul things have changed since 1985 :(
Plowhog that 500K would get me 1700 sq ft home on the lake with very nice features :)
Ron sorry about the temp and wind, that's cold. Hope you warm up soon. Hope shopping successful.
Ted sorry about the wind. Hope you the shelf project or the lawn maintenance went well.
Dvaid congrats on another mowing round complete. Good luck on budget app.
Bill hope the deoxit on the connector + grease helps the intermittent issue. Warm day here today.
Scott(vt) hope work went well.
Drew fun story.
Buppies do you have aux heat?
Drew interesting thoughts
Drew hope you garden does more than feed the deer :)
David great story.
Thomas 6,785 miles.
David sorry kids got in over their head. Hope you can get them to budget, and adopt a more stingy outlook on spending.
Ted shelf brackets look great. Hope you got the shelves up today.
David neat story.
Ted good luck with kid's money management.
Randy(wag) glad memorial an town run was good. Sorry no portaloo for party.
Scott(vt) sorry the wood got painted over. They look nice with the nickknacks on top.
Gale glad warm up coming soon. Thanks for giving use the nickle tour, nice to hear the AGM upgrade worked on golf cart.
Don you beat me to it :)
Dennis how far away is the Wunderground temp sensor?
This morning, 3:48 AM CST posts:
Ron thank for sharing the story on how cold it was. Surprised you could not put mittens back on during the actual pumping. Don't blame you for not going back out in cold today. Nice jay pic
Ron thanks for link. nice music to type to.
Drew batteries will discharge themselves. Never had a blower, can't remember what I have hit with blade give me a few days.
Bill hope the plowing went well. Cat found a plenty warm place as it was. Hope town run went well.
Bill hope the dogie doo didn't cause any damage.
Mike still cold. sorry about frozen hoses. Hope you enjoyed the wifey time.
Phil sorry about the mishaps no driveway markers? Nice wood working projects.
NHBX glad snow control went well. hope you found something interesting to do.
Billy good observation.
Kilroy nice score on ice pellets.
Drew goo idea to exercise the blower.
Kilroy sorry about the ongoing server issues. Glad Harry is happy with current situation. They make pills to help with the gas :). Good to hear sap harvest is coming along.
Billy did not know Windows had video editing with AI, which version?
Plowhog impressive encounter with eagles. Neat pic
Don sorry you had to drop Spanish. Hope you won't miss the winter garden too much, but the recent weather would have done a number on it. Hope you can get back to driving soon.
Buppies sorry to hear head stuffed up again. Sorry about no heat in the bedroom, Brrrrrrr.
Masseyrider hope scans went well.
Paul glad snow removal went well at the airport. Hope trip to pick up turbo prop went well.
Scott(vt) hope you had a good day. Sounds like an opportunity rich environment.
RNG hope you can work something out on cold air source.
RNG sorry about the insurance woes.
More catch up tomorrow.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

Attachments

• tractor_beam.jpg
    tractor_beam.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240118_184617.jpg
    20240118_184617.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
   / Good morning!!!! #184,294  
Just a beautiful day here, warm and sunny. I finished installing a cleanout midline in the yard drain. Hopefully I can keep it flowing. Followed by cleaning the gutters in preparation for the coming storm. Tri-tip slow cooked in the oven. TGIF tomorrow.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,296  
Greetings Everyone,

wanted to check in again. Winter and Me do not get along well, just saying.

crazy couple of weeks here, and I'm just trying to get through the nasties of winter. My truck got fixed last week, just in time to beat the Severe Winter Storm Weather the next day. It is a 2 wd / RWD so I don't make plans until the roads are plowed, sanded, salted - that takes awhile here. I'm still looking for a small SUV with awd (hopefully a Spring purchase) that is suitable for roadtrips.

Lots of snow in the last 10 days, two snowfall warnings - last week gave us about 40 cms / 16 inches, and the last 2 days a further 35 cms / 14 inches ... lots of seat time on the tractor as a result, but it managed to clear the driveway twice. I'm ready for the jetted tub tonight.

The crazy temperatures of -30C were second only to Alberta with their -50C (YIKES), but we got through it wo warmer temps this morning. More snow coming tomorrow.

Spring is 2 months away (yay), then I can get busy.

Take care, and stay safe

/ Good morning!!!! #184,297  
10° now, highs in the mid 20’s today, calm winds and snow showers late morning today.

Didn’t accomplish much yesterday, fueled the tractor, unpacked some ups and mail deliveries and gathered up trash and recycling for a dump run tomorrow.

Not much planned for today, grocery store, top off gas in car, maybe lunch if the Mrs feels like it.

Prayers for those in need
Stay safe and healthy
Enjoy your day everyone

/ Good morning!!!! #184,298  
Coffee cup is full of hot coffee. 15° with snow shower this morning. Heading to 19° with light snow. Did get cans of diesel moved to pole barn. While I had tractor out did some snow pile clean up. Will do a little more cleanup today.
Suet cakes do not last long when this wood pecker is around.
llCI33l.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,299  
Did we lose Helos? Hope he realizes not personal, just the subject.
I miss his posts. He brought some value to GM.
I had a good chat with him. I think he was pretty taken back by the negative reaction. He was explaining his concerns, particularly after Sweden just told their whole country to prepare for war. It is a worrisome time in that region and not sure we really can understand the context. Pretty sure he understands this is not personal, he is a very interesting and talented person, just who we want here.

clearly discussing war funding is now off the table. Let's try to be supportive of Helos in other ways.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,300  
good morning all
25 out now, snow due in soon, will snow all morning, probably about two inches.
normal winter stuff, maybe I can avoid the snow blower again, though I really ought to run it just
to run the machinery.

up too early, like Ron
Ron that's an awesome woodpecker pic. I wouldn't want to get pecked by that determined looking bird.

let's nobody slip and fall in the snow, stay vertical
Ted, hope your back feels better soon