Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,782  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct, 31 to start going to 45 ! Heat wave ! 😉
This morning I will start the smoker around 9 am , at least get the ribs in there by around that time ! Going with hickory chips today !

We did get a bit of rain last night, but very light !

Merry Christmas Eve , to all my TBN family!

Have a safe and blessed day ! 🙏🌲

/ Good morning!!!! #182,783  
Good afternoon !

We have got that promised snow ! Like 1 or 2 inches. I even didnt fire up tractor, just blower and shovel did all the job. Really wanted to do a little "sport" rather than drive around in tractor

Right now it is little above 0C, so snow is sticky. All kids are playing outside. Fights, snowman, all usual businesses. Even oldest (19) daughter is with them

Presents are wrapped and under the tree.

Big chunk of meat is in oven and this year all women agreed to make that famous eastern European "salad" :ROFLMAO:

LS, this is what white oak chests with black walnut panels look like ! They go together well IMO ! 😁
I also used soft close hardware on the top lid of the chest !

In my house there are only two type of woods - walnut and ash.
😁
Our ash looks very similar to your white oak
Walnut is not a thing here in EU, mine is American
Really like the look of each wood separately and combined together they make great look

“High performance” audio cables are all smoke and mirrors in my opinion. A conductor has three basic properties, L,C and R, or inductance, capacitance and Resistance. All of which I can measure.
100 % agree

~~~~~~~~~~

Just hope you guys will have nice evening !

/ Good morning!!!! #182,784  
Good morning
It’s 38° with a high in the middle 40’s under a grey sky.
Yesterday, like most days kept me busy.
A few chores around here, made a few deliveries, flew out to lunch with son in the little plane. We are having a lot of fun with the new panel and equipment. It’s fun to fly in it with him, I originally bought it to teach him to fly, so it’s great to go out with him.
Made a few deliveries, and even a little shopping.
Have to make the final deliveries this morning.
image-2023-12-24-08:55:13-860.jpg

After that, I might fire up the smoker and do the 15lbs of pork belly that’s in the fridge. Or not.. depends on what’s going on when I get home.
This is the first year that the celebration is not at our house. We view that with mixed emotions, it’s nice to be the guest rather than the host, but it’s also the end of an era. But we are only going down the hill to oldest son’s house.

This picture is for Drew, showing a dual banana plugged into binding posts on a piece of test equipment.

IMG_3491.jpg

Have a Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,785  
Just minutes before I switch off PC, few pics of Christmas Eve, how it's looks in my house

Neighbors came, brought this big basket full with nice snacks.

IMG_6221.jpeg

+ he brought mega-bottle (3L !) of my favorite cognac (Hine) :love:
Super-happy with my winter maintenance 😁
I call it a great deal 😁

Kids are making last gingerbreads

IMG_6224.jpeg

really a mess, but who cares 😁

Second daughter in corner are decorating "gingers". Boy actually is smaller, he stands on step
IMG_6223.jpeg

It's pity we dont have technology to transfer aromas. Trust me - it's good

Have a blessed evening ! Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,786  
There is no reason to use a banana plug if the connector on your amplifier will accept the speaker wire directly. The banana plug would just add another connection and potential failure point. The only advantage of using a dual banana plug to go into properly spaced binding posts is that it allows the removal and rearrangement of equipment. That type of speaker connection has been completely replaced by Speakon connectors originated by Neutrik in the pro audio world. I don’t think they have much presence in the audiophile domain, as they are not esoteric looking.
Way back when, in the DJ days, I rigged all the speakers I built with XLR connectors.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,787  
Good morning! Low of 30°, only going up to 37°. Unfortunately, even though it started snowing last evening, not a snowflake to be found. No white Christmas.
☹️😪

Th consolation prize is the temp tomorrow will only be 32°. At least it will be cold.... I would find it very strange to celebrate Christmas in areas like Florida or SoCal..... Christmas with palm trees..... ahh, no....

Helos, looks like a lot of fun going on....enjoy the time with family..... how come you're not out playing in the snow?

Drew, have a good time with the family. Agree on the Stouffer's .... way too salty.... And I am one to add salt to everything....

Paul, sounds like the upgrades to the little plane have met your expectations. Nice that you get to fly with your son. Can you take off and land at your place?
There is a small local airport here that is also a residential community. The houses are on each side of the runway, they have hangers for garages. Taxi out your driveway to the runway.... watch for cars.....take off...
Driving into the community is strange with all the signs pertaining to the function of an active airport.

I hope everyone has a special time with family and friends this holiday time.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,788  
Morning all, 44 going up to 48 and cloudy, light rain overnight.
Went to drive through light show, think it might be the last year with that farm selling so much land to developers. Story keeps changing, but they might come back with a smaller walk through version. Takes about 30 minutes to drive through.
Traffic backs up for the whole month in both directions every night.
They just built a whole mess of townhomes and apartments across the street and a supermarket. So the traffic like that won't work in the future. They held off opening the supermarket until January to allow the light show.

I think the new light ball needs another string of lights, have one so will do that.
Got lights untangled from the clematis, still need to fix a few clips, but lights are wired and working.

Tonight to friends for Christmas Eve.

XLR - if their good enough for microphones then......

Wife baked huge batch of cookies. Too bad I can't eat more than one or two in a day :)

Happy Christmas Eve

20231223_191730.jpg

20231223_190328.jpg

20231223_190937.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #182,789  
A later Good Morning Guys,
Helo the baking looks wonderful and I’m sure the aroma from the kitchen is even better ! Kochen in der Kuche ! 😉

Ron, I finally found Eddie Walkers thread for the Octoberfest get together, with his help of course !
Here is a picture of Kathleen and myself sending some Vermont maple syrup to East Texas in 2007 !
TxDon was there, Kyle couldn’t make it because of a new family addition ! Of course others were there also ! It was going to bother me until I found it ! We hadn’t put the addition on the house at that point !

Well I was a lot younger looking back then ! 😂

After that, I might fire up the smoker and do the 15lbs of pork belly that’s in the fridge.
PopG,
There’s a little smoking going on here today ! 🍺

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpeg
    IMG_3705.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3706.jpeg
    IMG_3706.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 61
Last edited: