Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,761  
Good Afternoon Guys,
Well I reported in this morning that it was going to 40 ! That never happened, I think it may have hit 35 tops ! 😉

LS, this is what white oak chests with black walnut panels look like ! They go together well IMO ! 😁
I also used soft close hardware on the top lid of the chest !

Hope all have a great afternoon!
Very nice! Yes, I too like the contrast of different wood. Always wanted to try my hand at doing inlays, but that hasn't been in the "time allotment" of all the projects the last few years. (I'm just making an excuse). Someday....

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,762  
Good day in the shop, got a few things accomplished....

IMG_1267.jpegIMG_1268.jpeg
IMG_1269.jpeg
The longer boards got planed and ripped to width, cut the additional pieces for the corbels (backs and tops). Maybe get to sand tomorrow, but highly unlikely.....

Couple snow showers just started. The temp dropped 15° in about 10 minutes, so went from rain to snow pretty quick. I don't think it will amount to much at all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,763  
Good Evening Ted,
Looks good so far ! Looking forward to finished product !

Has anyone heard from Mike Z , Riptides, ?? I sent a PM and no reply a few days ago !
Just wondering !

Thanks

/ Good morning!!!! #182,764  
Good (Sunday) Christmas Eve morning. Overnight Low of 9.5C and it's presently 18C, clear & calm.

I'm down to one houseguest now, my Mate from Brisbane. Penelope did, finally, come 'in' yesterday arvo, around 1600.

It's going to be a long day today as I've got Church this morning at the regular service time and then again for the 'midnight' Christmas Eve service @ 2315. Christmas day lunch will be over at my neighbour's; an annual 'thing'.

That's about it, take care all.
Merry Christmas Wagtail (a day ahead of us).

Here's the only place in America where they still make these windmills.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,765  

Aermotor also made (Don’t know if they still do?) towers for Fire Observation Towers.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,766  

I almost bought an old windmill from someone years ago. They had replaced it with a newer one. I asked about the old one. The problem was a part was worn down. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a welder and grinder, but I didn't buy it. have a picture of it somewhere, but can't find it.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,767  
They can make them look fancy with fancy connectors but
does it matter once you have a good clean connection?

“High performance” audio cables are all smoke and mirrors in my opinion. A conductor has three basic properties, L,C and R, or inductance, capacitance and Resistance. All of which I can measure.
I have not been able to determine any difference between a length of fence wire and “oxygen free copper” cork sniffer speaker cable. Neither could listeners in a double blind listening test. High quality connectors can make a difference on low level signal cables as well as capacitance, but not much impact on speaker wire.
As far as how wires conduct electricity it’s all on the surface of the wire. Transmission lines are made up with a steel cable core for the tension, surrounded by an outer layer of copper or aluminum to carry the current.
Digital audio cables make even less difference. In digital audio, the real limitation is the sampling rate and compression algorithm of the source material.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,768  
“High performance” audio cables are all smoke and mirrors in my opinion. A conductor has three basic properties, L,C and R, or inductance, capacitance and Resistance. All of which I can measure.
I have not been able to determine any difference between a length of fence wire and “oxygen free copper” cork sniffer speaker cable. Neither could listeners in a double blind listening test. High quality connectors can make a difference on low level signal cables as well as capacitance, but not much impact on speaker wire.
As far as how wires conduct electricity it’s all on the surface of the wire. Transmission lines are made up with a steel cable core for the tension, surrounded by an outer layer of copper or aluminum to carry the current.
Digital audio cables make even less difference. In digital audio, the real limitation is the sampling rate and compression algorithm of the source material.
^^^^ Current is strongest on the outer edge of the conductor. Current flows because of a voltage difference because of a resistance. A magnetic field is produced by the flow of current, around the conductor. This transfers Power. Digital is bits shoved across a medium (wire, fiber, air), and like Popgadget said, the sampling rate determines the quality.
I can watch live video of my barn, with bits coming in across an extension cord that goes to my shed, plugged into a circuit from my basement power panel.
IMG_2822.png

This picture came via an orange extension cord from my shed to barn, with rusty prongs on the cord. No lights on in the barn, just the IR on the camera.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,769  
38deg.
40 yrs ago I could use all the formula's to show how power is transferred, now I don't even recognize the formulas when I see them.. lol
Felt good today, hope it continues. My BIL is home from the hospital, so that's a good sign. But his wife now tested positive, so all 4 in their family got it. The first one to get it is now negative.
Oldest son should be heading this way tomorrow. I bet he starts late like always, and he loses an hour with the timezone. I expect Santa will be here tomorrow night before he shows up.
Need to get some shuteye.
Hope all is well in TBN world, and Merry Christmas Eve to all.