Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,051  
good morning all
69 in Delray Beach going up to 82 today
wish I could send some heat to Texas and melt that ice
sun is coming up, makes for pretty clouds over ocean

taking friend to PT this morning. He doesn't seem to be getting better, almost falls over
at times when leg gives out, despite big brace on knee. He still can't drive a car this way and my suggestions to consider hand controls are falling on deaf ears. Not my call....

I went with my friend to see his financial planner yesterday and spent two hours with guy going over strategies. I'm a bit rusty, but my friend pulled everything out of the market a while back and realizes he has to get back in, in a way that meets his risk tolerance, which is very little. So we had the three buckets discussion and he has to decide how much to put in the no risk category like CDs and how much to put in market. CDs are now around 4 percent, which is of course still way below the 6 percent inflation rate, but at least a viable alternative now for the risk averse.

Attachments

• IMG_1533[1].JPG
    IMG_1533[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
   / Good morning!!!! #164,052  
Good Morning - currently 43° going to 45°

Wife is getting better everyday, again thanks for the prayers..
I went to ortho doc this morning for my wrist, been sore for a month, figured it would get better but hasn't.
Got xray and tendons were inflamed - cortizone shot into hand at ring finger and a wrist wrap to keep it from moving to much..not how I wanted to start day- hand is sore from the shot...

Pop - that is a great deal on subsoiler

Kilroy - is their a brand of pickled eggs you would buy if you were in a desperate need...

Everybody have a great day..

Mark
there are a couple of local farm side stands that have decent pickled eggs. I like the ones from Jaemor Farms in Georgia.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,054  
Good morning 20 going up to 41, sun.
Yesterday said it was going to get warmer, but didn't and the last tiny, tiny bit of snow is still on the driveway.
They keep going back/forth as to tomorrows low, might be 9 , might be 12. :cool:

Got some more of the tape/seal done in the basement. More wire run, slow progress there in the tight space. Don't want to ruin the wire.

Today will hopefully get it through the one "tunnel" then will have to figure out the next in ceiling turn.

Maybe get some 1x3 this weekend to start prepping the walls for sheetrock, or if it is still frozen maybe do some tree trunk clearing in the back woods to get that prepped for spring cleaning.
Or finish the under cabinet lights of which only one of the 5 is done. Or....

Well, back to the day job.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,055  
Good Morning.
21 with a high around 35 under partly cloudy skies today. Snow likely tomorrow. Single digits Saturday.

Thermostat and garage door went well at daughters yesterday, Zoe had a good time visiting with her dogs, who taught her the game of stealing my tools. Here is Gracie and Zoe together. On their first meeting at Christmas, Gracie was slightly bigger than Zoe. Louie is in the crate behind them and is smaller and was a bit overwhelmed by the play. So he wanted some refuge. Gracie grew up with Emily so she isn’t intimidated by big dogs.

IMG_0894.jpg

Gracie as a puppy with Emily.
IMG_1561.jpg

When I got home Zoe napped and I got the Subsoiler on a dolly so I could move it around myself.

IMG_0902.jpg

Zoe and I were out for a walk late in the afternoon, and she found this herd distracting. We didn’t seem to bother them.

IMG_0919.jpg

Today might be a Costco run, it’s trash night, and grandson is coming to visit while his mom goes to doctors appointment. I’m sure that there will be more, but that’s what I know for now.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,056  
Goooood Morning TBN!
It is 33F and cloudy after an overnight low of 29. Radar indicates it is snowing here, but no flakes to be seen out the window. Forecast is for a high of 38 with clearing skies.

Some of the barn wall panels have been delivered, no sign of contractors

Started clearing out garage for Liz's toy, all going well until she announced she wants her exercise equipment, the equipment she hasn't used in the 1.5 years since she got it, to fit in the garage as well as her 900. This is going to take some head scratching to figure this puzzle out.

Got all the internet pieces and parts unpacked and setup. Powerline internet working but not as well as I would like. Will play with it some more this weekend when I have time. Security camera mounted and working, sort of. When it sees motion, it is only taking a picture, it is not taking a video like it should. Need to look into that setup.

Time for coffee and breakfast then on with the day.

Have a good day everyone, Let's be careful out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,057  
Good Morning!!!! 41F @ 5:00AM. A mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 59F. Winds light and variable.
Temps are reasonable here, but all along the route south it's in the mid to upper 30s. I'd hoped, and prepared for, riding the touring bike south today, but not if the temps don't creep up into the 40s. I'll decide sometime before 9AM, when I need to leave if I'm to avoid riding/driving in the dark.

With all this talk about Leatherman tools, it'll be interesting to see how many of us now start seeing ads for them when we're browsing elsewhere.

A couple months ago, I noticed that short term (1-3 month) Treasury rates had risen to about 4.5%, Drew. That's not exactly keeping up with inflation, but it's a lot better than what you get in the money market or a savings account. It's also free of state income tax, which may or may not matter depending on where you are. CD rates I've seen are slightly lower, and don't have the state tax advantage. In my opinion, there's also more risk with them. $.02...

Yesterday's meeting with the contractor and civil engineer went well, and we all agreed on a path forward for dealing with the insurance company. It means more delays before any work starts, but by the end I'll know where I stand budget wise.

Took the bike into town and it ran pretty well, and I noticed when I got to my first stop that the neutral light on the dash was working. At least sometimes. I've seen them do that before, and it still means it's a bad switch. But it sure was nice to be out on two wheels again, especially after all the bad weather we've been having. Pretty sure it didn't feel good enough to brave temps down in the 30s, though, especially not for seven hours.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,058  
Good morning, 27 going to 41 today and then much colder for the next couple of days

Wife is still walking with some help from me but she is getting better. We were lucky that she did not get any serious injuries.
We have a scheduled phone call today with financial planner.
Might move some more dirt down now that the access low spot was filled in yesterday. With heat in the cab cold temperatures will not be a problem.
Had Cody out a couple times this morning. Cold weather does not bother him, after all he is a Sheltie.
So far no serious snow this year and we are already well into the new year.
The Vizio TV is not cooperating with Airplay from iPhone or PC. Have checked and reset several times and no change.
Must be the TV somehow. Connected up a wired connection to it for now to be able to show videos from the PC.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,059  
The Vizio TV is not cooperating with Airplay from iPhone or PC. Have checked and reset several times and no change.
Must be the TV somehow. Connected up a wired connection to it for now to be able to show videos from the PC.
I use an AppleTV 4 with a Samsung TV here. I've read of lots of security issues related to letting a TV onto the home WiFi network, so keep the TV locked out of the one here.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,060  
I think I will just use the hard wired connection to connect tv to the pc for now and lock out the WiFI on the TV. Will the AppleTV4 require Ethernet cable connection or will it work on WiFi? Any known security issues? Should allow easy screen mirroring from all apple phones iPads etc?