Good Books.... Well, there are a few.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #161  
I just started reading Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential". I'm only a few chapters into it, but it's been very entertaining. He has a very unique writing style with a huge depth of vocabulary. I find myself stopping to look up some of the words.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #162  
I stumbled upon Steve Berry maybe 5 years ago. His books involve a government agent / spy and some sort of historical time period / event / person… one such example is the terracota army. Also like James Rollins. Both are highly recommended.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #163  
On a similar note, I found this book quite interesting…

Infinity: The Quest to Think the Unthinkable.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #164  
I just finished a book called Lost Airmen. Pretty decent and I learned a lot, it’s mostly about B24 crews that bailed out over Yugoslavia and how the partisans helped stash them. It gets into the politics of the time during WW2 and you can see how that translated into the problems when Yugoslavia broke up in the early 1990’s.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few.
I just finished a book called Lost Airmen. Pretty decent and I learned a lot, it’s mostly about B24 crews that bailed out over Yugoslavia and how the partisans helped stash them. It gets into the politics of the time during WW2 and you can see how that translated into the problems when Yugoslavia broke up in the early 1990’s.
That sounds interesting. I'm reading "The Violence Project" by Jillian Peterson and James Densley. It's a brief overview of their work trying to address what most of us merely wring our hands at... the current epidemic of mass shootings in the US.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #166  
Good books

James Clawell- Shogun series.
Neil Gamon- American Gods.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #167  
The Right Stuff
Tom Wolfe

America's early astronauts. They made a movie out of it too.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #168  
Here is a book I got a few years ago you don't see everyday. Had to buy it!

1474887E-269E-4371-8AE2-AE57629EF84B_1_201_a.jpeg

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #169  
That sounds interesting. I'm reading "The Violence Project" by Jillian Peterson and James Densley. It's a brief overview of their work trying to address what most of us merely wring our hands at... the current epidemic of mass shootings in the US.
Sounds interesting, I'd be interested in the cliff notes to see if it's something I would want to read. If they're findings are related to more guns availability and prevalence or AR-15, I wouldn't be interested.

If they're findings are more related to the people aspect and the changes in the social lives and culture I would be.

Last edited:
   / Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #170  
"the winter harvest handbook" by Eliott Coleman

He grows veggies year-round in zone 5 and sells them on the commercial market. The book is full of tips and tricks on how to grow in cold weather.

But it also goes into how a healthy plant resist pests.