Gas powered Tesla

/ Gas powered Tesla #21  
A guy at work just ordered a new Rivian truck. I can't wait to see how that is going to work out driving our bush road into the mine all winter in minus 40.
I doubt he will get it in as much as Rivan currently has one foot on a banana peel, IOW, going to fold. They sure are fugly as well.

/ Gas powered Tesla #22  
I doubt he will get it in as much as Rivan currently has one foot on a banana peel, IOW, going to fold. They sure are fugly as well.
I asked where he even ordered it because there are no dealers here and he said direct from their web site. And it was over 100 grand too.
So is the web site going to do repairs and maintenance on it too?? LOL

NO THANKS.

/ Gas powered Tesla #23  
I asked where he even ordered it because there are no dealers here and he said direct from their web site. And it was over 100 grand too.

NO THANKS.
You cannot fix stupid....

/ Gas powered Tesla #24  

NO THANKS.
I have a neighbor who bought a Rivian with the nearest "dealer" over 200 miles away. Three times in the past four months it has had to be towed to said dealer for repairs, under warranty. Last week the Rivian disappeared again and a new Cadillac Escalade showed up in his driveway. Neighbor said he had enough and lemon lawed the Rivian.

/ Gas powered Tesla #25  
I have a neighbor who bought a Rivian with the nearest "dealer" over 200 miles away. Three times in the past four months it has had to be towed to said dealer for repairs, under warranty. Last week the Rivian disappeared again and a new Cadillac Escalade showed up in his driveway. Neighbor said he had enough and lemon lawed the Rivian.
That don't sound good for my co-worker, LOL

/ Gas powered Tesla #26  

NO THANKS.
The fan boys will all tell you electric vehicles don't require any maintenance. They will also tell you how their cars are always-on and connected to the internet and maintenance is an over-the-air software update.

No thank you. I don't want a car to be as reliable as the last software update pushed to my device.

As an aside I just saw a TV commercial for a kia or hyundai suv being promoted "only need your cellphone to drive, no keys. You can text a friend electronic keys to drive your car". WTF? Who wants this? I'd love to see the insurance premiums on that vehicle.

/ Gas powered Tesla #27  
The fan boys will all tell you electric vehicles don't require any maintenance. They will also tell you how their cars are always-on and connected to the internet and maintenance is an over-the-air software update.

No thank you. I don't want a car to be as reliable as the last software update pushed to my device.

As an aside I just saw a TV commercial for a kia or hyundai suv being promoted "only need your cellphone to drive, no keys. You can text a friend electronic keys to drive your car". WTF? Who wants this? I'd love to see the insurance premiums on that vehicle.
We all will see the insurance premiums, because as is now, we ALL pay for others stupidity.

/ Gas powered Tesla #28  

Yea, if it’s anything like Micro$hit, your car will decide to update and reboot as you’re driving to something important.

/ Gas powered Tesla #29  

Casey's Off Road Recovery has a video where they had to tow a Tesla to the other side of a building because they couldn't get cellular service to start the car.

/ Gas powered Tesla #30  
Casey's Off Road Recovery has a video where they had to tow a Tesla to the other side of a building because they couldn't get cellular service to start the car.

You don't need cell service to start the car. I've had my Model 3 since 2018 and only replaced the tires at 60,000 miles, one set of wiper blades and a cabin air filter. A couple of warranty repairs were done by mobile service in my driveway. Insurance is less than my Mazda and Zero cost for electricity to charge from solar.

Andy