Garden Tractors

/ Garden Tractors #1  

kpcola

Tractor
Cub Cadet SLT 1550
Does anyone make the Garden Tractors anymore. The ones you can add attachments . The ones smaller than a subcompact but bigger than lawn tractors.

/ Garden Tractors #2  
Closest thing to that is the JD700 series, but get your $$$ out as they are not cheap. You could probably buy a SCUT for a little more or even the same/less money depending on the make of the SCUT.

But yeah, they will sell you one. I think Cub has a pretty nice GT also but no experience with either.

Simplicity use to have, think they still do, a Legacy that was as you describe.

/ Garden Tractors
Thanks I'll check those out. I have a Cub Cadet with 54" deck but its just a lawn tractor . It does well but often need more for gardening and landscaping.

/ Garden Tractors #4  
Are you suggesting this doesn't qualify as a garden tractor?

Attachments

• Phone Pics 016.jpg
    Phone Pics 016.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 142
   / Garden Tractors #6  
I guess it depends on the attachments you want. That determines size, capability and especially cost. Sure there's Subcompact sized versions. None of them are cheap.

/ Garden Tractors #7  
   / Garden Tractors #10  
Does anyone make the Garden Tractors anymore. The ones you can add attachments . The ones smaller than a subcompact but bigger than lawn tractors.
The only one left in the true garden tractor segment is Deere with their X500 or X700 series tractors.

Simplicity used to make an awesome garden tractor in the Legacy model, but that model is no longer offered. Their top of the line is probably close to the Deere X500 series.

Husqvarna or Cub Cadet top line offerings are built to a price point and therefore, if you look at them, they will seem lightly built compared to the Deere offerings.

All of the above offer rear tillers, front snowblowers, grass collection attachments and many others.

However, if your landscaping needs have you thinking front end loader, none of the above offer that. Deere does show a kind of front most johnny bucket but that is just a bulk material transfer tool in my mind.

So, if thinking a front end loader, then SCUTs such as the Deere 1 series or the [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] BX series is pretty much it. (I just mentionded Deere and [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] because of the familiarity of these. There are others in the SCUT category such as Massy Ferguson, LS, etc.)