Front locker available for Kubotas

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #51  
Just reasoning. If your tractor is in 4x4, and diff lock engaged, I don't really see how a front locker helps. Seems three wheels may spin and one be still.
Quite simply, all 4 would be spinning, instead of just 3.

SR

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #52  
let us know how it does. the website say out of stock ?

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #53  
Biggest difference is on hilly ground. All I have and tractors stay in 4wd. Normal differentials deliver power to the wheels with the least traction. My old M5030DT had a automatic front locker and great traction. Newer L3830, M59 and B26 do not and will spin out.
Smokeydog,

If my memory serves, the M59 has 3 modes for driving wheels. Unlocked, where I believe a single rear wheel is driven. Locking of front and back, where both front wheels are driven with a standard differential between front wheels and the existing rear wheel is engaged. Locked and manual differential lock is engaged by stepping on then both rear wheels are locked together and both front wheels are also driven but not locked together.

Consulted the Workshop Manual for clarification but was not able to find any details about driven wheels and the modes.

When the rear wheels are locked then steering is ineffective and M59 just pushes the front in straight lines UNLESS you are carrying a great deal of weight up front and tires bite instead of push.

Even though I have read that manual from cover to cover several times, each time I open it I find some new info that I missed. I prefer missed over forgot.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #54  
I seldom used the lockers on the "tractor" Mercedes Unimog but a handle on the floor would lock the rear wheels and one more pull would lock all wheels. Despite that managed to get it stuck in mud up to the axels

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #55  
A selectable would be very handy in the proper hands.

I run an Eaton E-Locker in the rear of my highway/offroad Wrangler. I like it a lot.

Had an 04 Rubicon with electric over air lockers in both ends. Pretty amazing what it would do with no side affects.

The limit slip in my M9540 helps. But it ain't no locker.
Both my M 9's have selectable lockers, front and rear from the factory and I ise them rarely but they are there....2 pedals on the floor. With the front engaged you can see and feel the crabbing.

My F350 has an ARB air locker in the front axle and a Detroit Tru Track out back. Like the ARB as I can either run an open spool or a locker with a dash switch.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #56  
I seldom used the lockers on the "tractor" Mercedes Unimog but a handle on the floor would lock the rear wheels and one more pull would lock all wheels. Despite that managed to get it stuck in mud up to the axels
How did you get yourself out of the soup?

My brother who is into 4x4 has several vehicles including a dual rear axle unimog. Big boys and their big toys.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #57  
Used the tractor to help by digging a path and use of 6 inch wide tow strap that stretch when jerked by the tractor and snaps back hard. So inch by inch pulled it out

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #58  
Quite simply, all 4 would be spinning, instead of just 3.

SR
Nope, jack three up and leave one down and see what happens. Also, jack one front up, lock rear diff and see if you stay in one place and the one front one spins. Ive had 4x4 since 1974.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #59  
Nope, jack three up and leave one down and see what happens. Also, jack one front up, lock rear diff and see if you stay in one place and the one front one spins. Ive had 4x4 since 1974.
I was referring to a locker in the front, that means ALL the wheels turn jacked up or otherwise. I have a Detroit locker in the rear of two of my pu's, it's much like the one Kubota is selling.

I've had 4x4 since I bought a new one in 1972.

BTW, I paid for the "co po" option to have positrac front and rear in that 72.

SR

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #60  
I was referring to a locker in the front, that means ALL the wheels turn jacked up or otherwise. I have a Detroit locker in the rear of two of my pu's, it's much like the one Kubota is selling.

I've had 4x4 since I bought a new one in 1972.

BTW, I paid for the "co po" option to have positrac front and rear in that 72.

SR
My uncle bought a new 72 and had front and rear posi. Came home from Vietnam and drove up in it. Put four v bar ice chains on and he left out again. Co op grip spurs all around.