DB6520DA-52B9-4FA2-99FA-A1849722DEF7.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 319
  • CC69800D-FC25-4428-BFF6-1C773873EC25.jpeg
    CC69800D-FC25-4428-BFF6-1C773873EC25.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 290
   / Front locker available for Kubotas #2  
Very handy for those with wet/soft paddocks/ground

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #3  
Biggest difference is on hilly ground. All I have and tractors stay in 4wd. Normal differentials deliver power to the wheels with the least traction. My old M5030DT had a automatic front locker and great traction. Newer L3830, M59 and B26 do not and will spin out.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #4  
Several years ago I ran one of these in a Jeep axle. Worked okay. Some quirky side affects. It applies itself when power is applied. The spider gears are removed. This unit goes in their place. When power is applied the spider gear pin going thru the center forces the notched pieces outward and causes engagement. So every time you apply power, it's locked.

Imagine this. Slick conditions. FEL bucket full of material. 4wd engaged. Front wheels turned for sharp corner. Add power. Unit engages. Front wheel on inside of turn needs to travel "X" distance. Front wheel on outside of turn needs to travel "Y" distance. Locker says nope, you both are going to travel same distance. Something has to give. First thing it will try to do is straighten the front wheels. Next, one tire has to skid, one has to spin.

For this reason I quit using it. Extremely stressful on axle components. Severely limited power turns.

Contact Kubota and see what they say. :)

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #5  
I thought someplace to hang your longjohns and stash your micky and girlie magazines.

I have been stuck in situations where a locking def would have solved the problem instantly. Would I bother paying for such a thing. I don`t think so.

Last edited:
   / Front locker available for Kubotas #6  
Several years ago I ran one of these in a Jeep axle. Worked okay. Some quirky side affects. It applies itself when power is applied. The spider gears are removed. This unit goes in their place. When power is applied the spider gear pin going thru the center forces the notched pieces outward and causes engagement. So every time you apply power, it's locked.

Imagine this. Slick conditions. FEL bucket full of material. 4wd engaged. Front wheels turned for sharp corner. Add power. Unit engages. Front wheel on inside of turn needs to travel "X" distance. Front wheel on outside of turn needs to travel "Y" distance. Locker says nope, you both are going to travel same distance. Something has to give. First thing it will try to do is straighten the front wheels. Next, one tire has to skid, one has to spin.

For this reason I quit using it. Extremely stressful on axle components. Severely limited power turns.

^^I agree 100%^^ Great for mud or rock (wall) crawling but is a pain on pavement. Will you scrub one tire in places you don't want to, like your yard? Will the bevel gears at the front wheels handle the extra torque? Trying to turn on pavement with the bucket full would test the parts!

Also, will it help or hinder snow plowing in icy conditions?

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #7  

^^^ Agree

although more complicated and probably not as strong a Torsen Gleeson style is just better for front axle applications

because of its torque sensing abilities. it also does not wind up the axles like full lockers do.

Thinking An electric locker for tractor front axles might be be nice also since you could disengage it for hard turns.

AuburnGear now makes the all in 1 (ECTED MAX) Open/ limited slip/ full locker all at the flip of a switch. Now that would be sweet. Doubt they have applications for tractors yet unfortunately

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #8  
^^^ Agree

although more complicated and probably not as strong a Torsen Gleeson style is just better for front axle applications

because of its torque sensing abilities. it also does not wind up the axles like full lockers do.

Thinking An electric locker for tractor front axles might be be nice also since you could disengage it for hard turns.

AuburnGear now makes the all in 1 (ECTED MAX) Open/ limited slip/ full locker all at the flip of a switch. Now that would be sweet. Doubt they have applications for tractors yet unfortunately

A selectable would be very handy in the proper hands.

I run an Eaton E-Locker in the rear of my highway/offroad Wrangler. I like it a lot.

Had an 04 Rubicon with electric over air lockers in both ends. Pretty amazing what it would do with no side affects.

The limit slip in my M9540 helps. But it ain't no locker.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #9  
An autolocker of this style "should" allow freewheeling of the outer radius wheel in a turn so in a left turn, left wheel does "X" revolutions, (directly related to tailshaft driven speed), right wheel needs to go "X" times say 1.5 revolutions, so it freewheels faster than the driven speed. However, the design ensures that at no point can either wheel go a lower speed than the driven speed, meaning if the outside circumference wheel had solid traction and the inside wheel does not, the insid wheel will turn at the same speed at the outer, meaning it will speed up/slip, IF the driveshaft is demanding it to, meaning the drive on the rear will be slipping as well.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #10  
An autolocker of this style "should" allow freewheeling of the outer radius wheel in a turn so in a left turn, left wheel does "X" revolutions, (directly related to tailshaft driven speed), right wheel needs to go "X" times say 1.5 revolutions, so it freewheels faster than the driven speed. However, the design ensures that at no point can either wheel go a lower speed than the driven speed, meaning if the outside circumference wheel had solid traction and the inside wheel does not, the insid wheel will turn at the same speed at the outer, meaning it will speed up/slip, IF the driveshaft is demanding it to, meaning the drive on the rear will be slipping as well.

Nope.