Front locker available for Kubotas

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #31  
On a FWA tractor, there is NO trnsfer case, just a shift fork and gear and the front dif is turning all the time anyway, no freewheeling hubs, not that new trucks have them but I do. No point in unnecessary wear.

My New Holland TN 75D I traded last year had a front hydraulic locker

Cane in handy in soft conditions

Andy

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #32  
Not familiar with New Holland tractors, only NH hay tools. My NH dealer is always trying to get me to demo one, I always pass.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #33  
On a FWA tractor, there is NO trnsfer case, just a shift fork and gear and the front dif is turning all the time anyway, no freewheeling hubs, not that new trucks have them but I do. No point in unnecessary wear.

There is one, it's simply enclosed in the same case as the rear axle assembly. The function you described is the same thing that happens when you pull the lever in your truck.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #34  
The factory no-spin front loader locker on my Old M5030 was nice. Great for loader work. I could bush hog a steep hillside other tractors couldn’t. Grade a steep gravel driveway with no problem. Tried M59 for for replacement for two years. Both tractors have their pros and cons. Missed a locking front axle on the M59. Ended up selling the M5030 for more than I paid after 20 years and 2000+hours. No longer bush hog that steep hillside.

Big advantage of 4wd tractor is 4 wheel braking.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #36  
I much prefer the 'when you need ' front locker like my M's have and far as brakes are concerned, about the only time I use them is when round baling and the bale computer tells me to stop, bale chamber is full. I never brake steer because I'm not doing ground tillage at all and my units are both gear drive so when parked, are in gear anyway.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #37  
Brakes are the biggest reason I'd like an electronic 4wd system on my L4060. Its trivial to set the 4wd to engage when you step on the brake pedal. Then your rear brakes actually stop the front wheels.

A front locker would be cool, but honestly I wouldnt use it much. I only use 4wd maybe a third of the time tops & barely use the rear locker. I wouldnt want to be without either though as when you need them, you really need them.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #38  
I only use 4WD when plowing driveway snow with the tractor. On the Taco Wagon - I'll use 4WD if the exit side of the valley in the driveway ices up. Otherwise - 4WD & lockers would only be used when I go where I shouldn't be anyhow. A little forethought is a lot better than any 4WD or locker system or winch line.

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #39  
There is one, it's simply enclosed in the same case as the rear axle assembly. The function you described is the same thing that happens when you pull the lever in your truck.

Ditto transfer case on MFWD tractor is built into transmission

/ Front locker available for Kubotas #40  
I only use 4WD when plowing driveway snow with the tractor. On the Taco Wagon - I'll use 4WD if the exit side of the valley in the driveway ices up. Otherwise - 4WD & lockers would only be used when I go where I shouldn't be anyhow. A little forethought is a lot better than any 4WD or locker system or winch line.

Why did you buy a truck with all those functions if you shouldn't be where they are needed?