Flightradar24 Interesting Finds

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #182  
It’s actually pretty cool, the personnel on the Coast Guard helicopters always take time to wave to you if we’re out on the water or the beach. Also, nothing like an A-10 or two coming in low over the tree tops. I know they’re supposed to stay above 500 feet or so, but man it seems like sometimes you can count the rivets. Ha ha.

Once upon a time, I was driving up the Florida Turnpike and four A-10's were "attacking" a Cypress Head which is a stand of trees in the water. They A-10s would stack up, dive one by one to "attack" the Cypress Head, pull up and repeat. They were flying pretty low and it was fun to watch. The nearest A-10s I knew about were based in SC so I guess they just picked this random spot to go "attack."

Another time I was on a sail boat off of Miami and F16's out of Homestead lined up to attack us. However, they stayed up pretty high and it was not so obvious what they were doing. There were two of them and they would take turns doing a shallow dive at us before pulling up, and repeating.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #183  
I "looked" fo the A380 out of Texas last night but I was a bit late and did not see it though I looked all over the eastern seaboard. Saw some 747 cargo planes but did not see the A380.

Had to look it up and these seem to be daily flight to/from Texas and Dubai. Sometimes they use a 777 and other times an A380. It would be easy to miss the 777. Hard to miss the A380. 😁

Last edited:
   / Flightradar24 Interesting Finds
I "looked" from the A380 out of Texas last night but I was a bit late and did not see it though I looked all over the eastern seaboard. Saw some 747 cargo planes but did not see the A380.

Had to look it up and these seem to be daily flight to/from Texas and Dubai. Sometimes they use a 777 and other times an A380. It would be easy to miss the 777. Hard to miss the A380. 😁
If you know the flight number, which usually is the same every day, you can look it up by that and it'll find it if the plane is in the air.

Many years ago we were vacationing on the east coast. We were out on Virginia Beach, and flights of F-14s kept coming in off the ocean, buzz the tower at the Naval air station, do go arounds, then land. It was going on all afternoon. So loud! (y) (y)

Later came to find those were coming off an aircraft carrier off shore, and they were to be decommissioned and destroyed. So that was their last carrier takeoffs ever. Sad to witness that history. :confused:

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #186  
If you know the flight number, which usually is the same every day, you can look it up by that and it'll find it if the plane is in the air.
I did not get the flight number, but from what I read, the airline does a flight from Dubai to Texas in the morning and then returns at night. Which makes sense. I will try to "see" the plane again, if I can remember. 😁 Though it is really only interesting if it is the A380.

The only other four engine plane I sometimes "see" is a 747 flying out of SC to Germany. I assume that is a military flight because it is a leased 747 and it is not a regular flight. I did see Air Force 2 once. Took some digging to figure it out because the flight details were vague but it became obvious based on the departure and landing airports. :D

They might be EK211 and EK212
Dubai to Houston and Houston to Dubai

OR
They might be EK221 and EK220
Dubai to Dallas and Dallas to Dubai

Those are the direct flights, I think.

This is EK211 in the air right now.

E4D54297-4561-44AF-9FE1-FBDC87F7433E.jpeg

Maybe the flights you're seeing aren't non-stop?

Anyhow, next time you see it grab a flight number. It'll be fun to see how it's getting there.