First Food plots planted

/ First Food plots planted #1  

kspring61

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST Ford 8N
First time at planting a couple food plots on my land in TN.
I started by spraying the ground in Jan, turned them with a 2 bottom plow in feb and limed them.
Bought a tiller since we will also be putting in a garden
IMG_0597.jpg
Then tilled them in late March and fertilized and tilled.
IMG_0599.jpgIMG_0598.jpg

The result so far looks good, both plots are coming up. Have had plenty of rain and sun over the last 3 weeks. I was curious how they would turn out, so far so good. A little patchy but the tow behind broadcast spreader didn't work that great, so I think I can fix that.
IMG_0315.jpgIMG_0322.jpg

Planted Evolved Harvest 7 Card stud in one, and Evolved Harvest Bucks & Oats in the other.

/ First Food plots planted #2  
Looks good , I have been food plotting for a long time and still learn new things all the time. it can be addictive. Try whitetail clover the deer cant leave it alone. have fun .

/ First Food plots planted #3  
Coming up nicely KSpring, nice job... x2 for what 3gunr said, it is addictive.

For conversations sake, was your lime and fertilizer application based on a soil sample, or...?

/ First Food plots planted
Coming up nicely KSpring, nice job... x2 for what 3gunr said, it is addictive.

For conversations sake, was your lime and fertilizer application based on a soil sample, or...?

Lime was based on a PH test of the soil, fertilizer was based on talking to the guy at the local Farmers Coop.

/ First Food plots planted #5  
If you take chicken biryani ballarat in your shop then your cosutmer will increase because the chicken biryani ballarat recipie is amazing and i will sure the costumer interest in this recipie

/ First Food plots planted #6  
Sheeeeeesh! ! ! That looks Great! I have 38 acres. 37 acres is Ag Exempt under Wildlife Management. I have to show am doing things each year on the property for the wildlife and so I figured what better than about 3/4 acre food plot. Worked my butt off discing, dragging, seeding and dragging. It was nonstop rain here until mid July. And I MEAN Non-Freakin’-Stop. But then as soon as I got the food plot done. BAM! ! ! 3 months with 3 dashes of rain totaling 1.25”. An inch and a quarter in 3 months! C’mon Man! Dry as a bone out there. So the deer ain’t grazin’ in a food plot right now.