Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery?

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
My Farmall needs a 6 volt battery and finding one is not as easy at it seems. Rural King doesn't have any, nothing at Sam's or Costco and nothing on-line. I can go to NAPA as a last resort but they are around $150. Since I've seen them around before it must be supply chain issues. Anyone have a better idea for a 6V battery or just go for the NAPA?

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #2  
If you convert the system to twelve volt you'll probably run into the same thing. Battery prices have gone up a great deal since the US no longer produces lead. The lead in any new battery is most likely recycled from old batteries. Of course on top of that is inflation and lack of availability.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #3  
Check with any local golf cart shops...(if a deep cycle battery will do ?)

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #4  
Find your local Interstate battery dealer. I they don't have one, they can get it.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery?
Thank you. I'll check those places out and no, I don't want to convert to 12 V right now.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #8  
Where are you located in Ohio..?? I've been getting them at Batteries Unlimited in Lancaster, but they have several stores. Last one I got was around $100-$120, with full 2 year free replacement warranty. Never had any luck with batteries from TSC, RK not much better. Oldest one I have from Batteries Unlimited is in the 240U, and has been in there for 3 years. Still spins it over like it's new.

Here's a link to Batteris Unlimited, maybe there is one fairly close to you. Batteries | Batteries Unlimited | United States

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery?
Where are you located in Ohio..?? I've been getting them at Batteries Unlimited in Lancaster, but they have several stores. Last one I got was around $100-$120, with full 2 year free replacement warranty. Never had any luck with batteries from TSC, RK not much better. Oldest one I have from Batteries Unlimited is in the 240U, and has been in there for 3 years. Still spins it over like it's new.

Here's a link to Batteris Unlimited, maybe there is one fairly close to you. Batteries | Batteries Unlimited | United States
Good deal and good to know. I get to both Lancaster and Mount Vernon occasionally so your info is good to know. Thank you.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #10  
Good deal and good to know. I get to both Lancaster and Mount Vernon occasionally so your info is good to know. Thank you.
Welcome...