Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery?

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #11  
My Farmall needs a 6 volt battery and finding one is not as easy at it seems. Rural King doesn't have any, nothing at Sam's or Costco and nothing on-line. I can go to NAPA as a last resort but they are around $150. Since I've seen them around before it must be supply chain issues. Anyone have a better idea for a 6V battery or just go for the NAPA?
Saw one at TSC yesterday. Think it was about $130-$150. Batteries are expensive, period.

CT

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #13  
My Farmall needs a 6 volt battery and finding one is not as easy at it seems. Rural King doesn't have any, nothing at Sam's or Costco and nothing on-line. I can go to NAPA as a last resort but they are around $150. Since I've seen them around before it must be supply chain issues. Anyone have a better idea for a 6V battery or just go for the NAPA?
Consider replacing with an 8 volt battery. I see comments on Yesterday's Tractor website about guys doing that to get a bit more juice to the starter on those old tractors, especially for winter. Mine were both converted to 12 volt when I got them, so I have no experience myself.

Tim

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #14  
I needed 6v batteries and found a local place that services industrial accounts. They had a 6v replacement for good price and they delivered them for free. Probably harder to find a place like that if you live in rural area.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #15  
Consider replacing with an 8 volt battery. I see comments on Yesterday's Tractor website about guys doing that to get a bit more juice to the starter on those old tractors, especially for winter. Mine were both converted to 12 volt when I got them, so I have no experience myself.

Tim
Tim

Can you pls send a link w the info on 8V from YT? That would be great ! Thx

Also, if you drive to any remote place or local, make sure you take your old battery so you’re not hit w a core charge…

Also,

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #16  
Sams club shows 6v Golf carts at 109, BUT ... they changed brands & are showing Duracell now. Autozone shows Duralast 6v GC @ 139.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #17  
Tractor Supply sells them under the Traveller brand.
Yep. I have a Massey Harris Pacer which is 6 volt and I got a new battery last year from TSC for it. Ignore the specs and for sure ignore the guarantee. Prorated battery guarantees are a joke. Unlike another post above I have had no issues with TSC batteries. Pay attention to whether it fits the hole, where the terminals are so the cables reach and that the cold cranking amps are in a reasonable range. Other than that batteries are double in price what they were 5 years ago. Nearly all you will find in stores are made on a recycled core so do not believe the wonders of some super brand name.

No it makes no sense to switch over to 12v in my opinion. You'd have the generator, voltage regulation, and myriad devices on the tractor right down to light bulbs to worry with. I would not.

Tim
8 volt battery? You gotta be kidding. If 6 volt is rare then 8 volt is in the Smithsonian.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #19  
Yep. I have a Massey Harris Pacer which is 6 volt and I got a new battery last year from TSC for it. Ignore the specs and for sure ignore the guarantee. Prorated battery guarantees are a joke. Unlike another post above I have had no issues with TSC batteries. Pay attention to whether it fits the hole, where the terminals are so the cables reach and that the cold cranking amps are in a reasonable range. Other than that batteries are double in price what they were 5 years ago. Nearly all you will find in stores are made on a recycled core so do not believe the wonders of some super brand name.

No it makes no sense to switch over to 12v in my opinion. You'd have the generator, voltage regulation, and myriad devices on the tractor right down to light bulbs to worry with. I would not.

8 volt battery? You gotta be kidding. If 6 volt is rare then 8 volt is in the Smithsonian.
"8 volt battery? You gotta be kidding. If 6 volt is rare then 8 volt is in the Smithsonian."

8 volt batteries are common.

CT

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #20  

Tim
Also, GOOD #2-1/0 welding lead copper cables. Parts house #4 cables do not work well on 6v.

CT