Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery?

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery?
I'm the OP on this and here's an interesting development. I was under the impression that more expensive meant a better battery so I was about to go to XXXX, a pro auto parts chain and try to negotiate a better deal than the almost $150 I was quoted the first time I called. I think he said retail was about $25 more.

So I searched the battery on-line today and found the price at XXXX was now quoted at $122. Well, maybe the price changed in two weeks but that price change makes me uneasy.

It puts a whole new light on the XX Farm Store battery at approx $110. While I didn't check CCA's etc I now have to wonder if all these batteries aren't the same and the priced just depends on what the market will bear. Shopping seems to be a good idea.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #34  
While I didn't check CCA's etc I now have to wonder if all these batteries aren't the same and the priced just depends on what the market will bear. Shopping seems to be a good idea.
You have to know what battery you need...what group size and CCA are mandatory facts to consider.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery?
I'm the OP and here's how this ended. I started out with the intend to buy the best I could and that was almost $150. My belief was more money meant a better product. After comparing CCA other stats, I bought a battery from Rural King for $72 that is nearly the equal to the $150 I had my eye on.

Even better, the $72 battery has a one year free replacement and second year prorated warranty that is better than the expensive battery.

/ Finding a reasonably priced 6V tractor battery? #36  
They will NOT honner the replacement!!!! IF you actually could get them to, --they prorate it so you still get nothing! --- figure if it dies you just have to buy another one.
As far a 8 volt batts--------Stay away from them! its either 6 or 12volt. Stick 8 in there and you screw up the regulators and the 6 volt generators! How do I know??? dont ask! lol!