Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,031  
I couldn't find the post you replied to so I'm doing it here. THAT math does not add up. A 7.5kwh array would defy known science for it to produce 30MWH in 41 months under the best of conditions. I'd consider replacing that app! Maybe it was a typo?
The App works.
Can't defy logic or science or math.

25 KWH/day, average
25 x 30 = 750
750/month (750 x 41=30,750)
(1000 KWH =1 MWH)
YMMV

regards,

R

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,032  
All of the surrounding states with wind farms weren’t affected by the cold weather. Even in Wyoming the windmills operate in cold weather. The wind facilities in Texas weren’t properly equipped for cold weather. The same reason why many of the Texas natural gas plants were inoperable. They didn’t winterize the facilities.

Correct, Tx power generation failed due to winterization or design criteria not in line with that type of weather event. AND ERCOT undershot the load estimate, so there weren’t plants lined up to provide the proper output in the first place.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,033  
🤷‍♂️ Call a lawyer and figure it out. Sounds like money’s not an issue for ya with all those acres….
Do you own a Porsche, too? :)
And a BMW, KTM, Husaberg, Tesla, Beta, Yamaha, Honda, ...

But you promised the government would fund it for me.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,034  
The App works.

25 KWH/day, average
25 x 30 = 750
(1000 KWH =1 MWH)
YMMV

regards,

R
The math is excellent, even conservative. 7.5kW for 25 kWh/day is only a 3.3 solar-hours/day exposure. Much of the country gets 4-5 solar-hours/day.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,035  
I couldn't find the post you replied to so I'm doing it here. THAT math does not add up. A 7.5kwh array would defy known science for it to produce 30MWH in 41 months under the best of conditions. I'd consider replacing that app! Maybe it was a typo?
Click the up arrow next to the citation at the top of the quote to see the message to which a reply was written.

The O.P. has already documented his excellent (even conservative) math demonstrating the SolarEdge monitoring app's totals are perfectly reasonable.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,036  
Sorry but my 7530 array produced 15.6 in 2022. Expanding that to 41 months is 53.3 MWH.
Agree the MN 41 month number is reasonable.

orezok is in the Mojave Desert, CA, and has much longer daylight hours per day than MN. Hence his same-sized system might produce 53 MWh during the same period.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,038  
The App works.

25 KWH/day, average
25 x 30 = 750
(1000 KWH =1 MWH)
YMMV

regards,

R
Ok, I did my conversion wrong. BUT, a 7500 system under idea conditions will put out 10,000KWH max per year. These numbers are based on what the panel manufactures themselves say. They base this on ideal conditions 5 hours or so a day so there is room for error up and down. You're saying that in less than ideal conditions you are doing that? I'm asking... Now if you have a mirco inverter set up I could see it pushing the upper limits as long as you also have tracking capabilities or at least get out and adjust them and very rarely a cloudy day. No frost or snow ever covering the panels, they could be heated but then that would take away from actual useful production. The system would also have to be running perfectly with no panel issues. Also pretty sure I read 5MWH not 3, can't confirm since I can't find the post in this large thread. :) And it's a long one! Either way it's an interesting topic.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,040  
Click the up arrow next to the citation at the top of the quote to see the message to which a reply was written.

The O.P. has already documented his excellent (even conservative) math demonstrating the SolarEdge monitoring app's totals are perfectly reasonable.
Good to know. By the time I'm done with the day my eyes are shot, those little arrows are hard to see so never noticed them before. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.