F-3990 wheel spacers?

/ F-3990 wheel spacers? #1  

Sigogglin

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
I just got my new to me 2019 F3990. Anyone know if you can get wheel spacers? If so where?

So far it has cut well. I mow about 10 acres per week around the house. Some of it is quite rough, but I've found if I go slower on the rough parts it actually does extremely well. Very happy with it so far. Except for the seemingly random breaking of the windshield glass. I've no idea why it broke, I was driving down my driveway and it just popped and exploded everywhere. I took about 2 hours to get it all cleaned up so I could finish mowing. Cab is not so good with dust when it's missing a windshield.

Yep, it isn't covered by the warranty :)

It has DPF and does go through regens, but the only reason I know they happen is because the idiot light on the console tells me.

IMG_20210721_175501168.jpg

Before:

IMG_20210721_175441394.jpg

After:

IMG_20210723_091206152_HDR.jpg

thanks
david

/ F-3990 wheel spacers? #2  
Nice looking mower, too bad about the windshield.

Is that aftermarket cab, or was it made by Kubota?

/ F-3990 wheel spacers?
It is a Kubota cab.

/ F-3990 wheel spacers?
So I measured the wheels and they are 5x4.5. Turns out this is a common size for cars as well. Any reason I couldn't use a car wheel spacer for the mower? Something like this?

/ F-3990 wheel spacers? #5  
When your windshield broke, was the mowing deck up or down?
Im thinking your deck got to bouncing and struck the bottom of your cab floor and the shock of the strike broke your glass?

/ F-3990 wheel spacers?
It was up, I was wondering the same thing. That little handle you pull to tilt the deck can get pretty close to the windshield.

/ F-3990 wheel spacers? #7  
I see the way mine wildly flops up and down if I go too fast it’s it up, so I tend to run slower with it down, unless I’m on smooth lawn or pavement.

/ F-3990 wheel spacers?
I installed my new windshield. Here is a picture of the lever and how close it gets to the windshield when the deck is all the way up. I decided to remove the lever and the gas cylinder as I only need them when I replace the lawn mower blades.
IMG_20210802_165750127.jpg

/ F-3990 wheel spacers? #9  
take a look at your old weatherstripping and see if you can see any evidence of the lever having hit. It may be worth having a discussion with your dealer about warranty.