excavator pricing

/ excavator pricing
2,000hrs isnt high hours. It's 20hrs every month.

I have a 1990 kubota kh41 (about a 3,500lb machine) I bought with 1400hrs and a auger attachment for $8500 in 2019. It's been a good machine and I believe I just hit 2,000hrs. Yes this machine only had 5hrs put on every month for the last 33yrs but it was a home owner machine and still is.

Maybe you should look away from dealers?

You got a smoking deal. That’s awesome. I believe you’d be hard-pressed to do that again in this current market.

/ excavator pricing #42  
Hey all,

I thought I would give some numbers that I got recently. I decided to go in halves with a family member that bought 66 acres and I have a 23 acre place. It is both of our first mini excavator so we did alot of research and I test drove quite a few. We ended up between Kubota and Bobcat as we discounted the others for different reasons. We came down to either the KX040, KX033, KX030, E32, E35, and E42. We got a quote for 41k for KX030 with 18 I. Bucket and quick coupler with angle blade. 61k for the KX040 with the same bucket and blade as above. I thought the kubotas were nice and I'm 6'3" and fit into them well. The E32 and E35 were to small for me to fit comfortably. We ended up going with an open station E42 with 18 inch bucket, 36in grading bucket, hydraulic thumb and a straight blade for 59k. We figured we had 10 to 12k in rental units so we decided to just buy it so we could work on our own time and our kids could learn with it too. Definitely not needed but wanted lol. This is also prices in east texas.

/ excavator pricing #43  
After renting this CAT 315D, I can see how I could make money with a used one. They can do so many tasks.

/ excavator pricing #44  
Hey all,

I thought I would give some numbers that I got recently. I decided to go in halves with a family member that bought 66 acres and I have a 23 acre place. It is both of our first mini excavator so we did alot of research and I test drove quite a few. We ended up between Kubota and Bobcat as we discounted the others for different reasons. We came down to either the KX040, KX033, KX030, E32, E35, and E42. We got a quote for 41k for KX030 with 18 I. Bucket and quick coupler with angle blade. 61k for the KX040 with the same bucket and blade as above. I thought the kubotas were nice and I'm 6'3" and fit into them well. The E32 and E35 were to small for me to fit comfortably. We ended up going with an open station E42 with 18 inch bucket, 36in grading bucket, hydraulic thumb and a straight blade for 59k. We figured we had 10 to 12k in rental units so we decided to just buy it so we could work on our own time and our kids could learn with it too. Definitely not needed but wanted lol. This is also prices in east texas.
I had a similar experience. Looked at the Kubota, Yanmay, Sany, another import..Maybe Dawoo and the Bobcat. Narrowed it down to the Bobcat and Kubota.. Ended up with the E35. enclosed cab, heat,AC, Radio, hydraulic thumb Long stick , 24" bucket. it was 62 ish all said and done.
I have about 20 hrs on it now and its comfortable.. Very quiet..Wish it was able to lift more weight ( rocks ) Mine is a zero tail swing so that has a bit to do with it..always a compromise.

/ excavator pricing #45  
After renting this CAT 315D, I can see how I could make money with a used one. They can do so many tasks.
We just rented a 316 from a friend of mine for a week to build a road. Awesome machine. The power is incredible.

/ excavator pricing #46  
I had a similar experience. Looked at the Kubota, Yanmay, Sany, another import..Maybe Dawoo and the Bobcat. Narrowed it down to the Bobcat and Kubota.. Ended up with the E35. enclosed cab, heat,AC, Radio, hydraulic thumb Long stick , 24" bucket. it was 62 ish all said and done.
I have about 20 hrs on it now and its comfortable.. Very quiet..Wish it was able to lift more weight ( rocks ) Mine is a zero tail swing so that has a bit to do with it..always a compromise.
We tried to like the e32 and e35 for money saving sake but the cab was not big enough for us to fit into comfortably. Congratulations on your new machine. I hope it serves you well.

/ excavator pricing #47  
Yall arw going to have a great time with those machines!

I bought my first mini excavator new and once it got to 1500hrs a few years later and was still working like new I decide to buy my second one used.

/ excavator pricing #48  
I found an import from China and after enough research to satisfy me (same Cummins engine, Kawasaki pumps and rexroth? Valves) as most everything else including a long warranty....

20230511_103549.jpg

860 hours and a brand new 5' tilt grading bucket
20230503_135013.jpg

Hyd pin grab and thumb, high flow down the stick and a blade - 37k pounds. So far I've been completely satisfied. I just couldn't justify the big US named machines for my use. I also discovered that Volvo, Case, NH and others are made in S Korea, and that Cat has 30 +/- plants in China and 26ish in Japan.
I might think differently if I had an operator in it for 40 hours a week, but for use on my land, by myself I think I'll be fine. It's coming close to the 1000 hr service.

/ excavator pricing #49  
My brother had the e42 delivered to his farm and has put a few hours on it. He said the thought he would regret me convincing him to go with a traditional tailoring. He agrees now lol. You have a nice machine, I wished I could have fit I to it.

/ excavator pricing #50  
I bought my cat when the last recession hit in 2009. The machine had 250 hours and the guy was desperate to get out from under the payments.

I got it for 18k. At that price I don't mind if it sits for long stretches of time.

Be patient, the pain is coming.
Stole it.