Rear Blade Everything Attachments Land leveler Review

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Have a 1/2 mile gravel driveway that has 330 feet of elevation drop winding thru the East Tennessee woods. Over half is 270 years old wagon trail. Worn and places much like a creek bed. So rough at first no one would spread gravel. Hauled by pickup, then one ton 4x4, 5 ton single axle now mostly tandem axle. Wore out grader blades. Used box blades. Now have the contours and ditching about right. Bought Everything Attachments land leveler two years ago. Managing fines and maintaining proper contour is so important to driveway health. We are having record breaking rainfall. 20” this year and 5” yesterday on saturated ground. This would have caused major rutting but the driveway is holding nicely. Been 10 years since new gravel was brought. The land leveler helps reclaim past gravel, distribute fines with minimal disturbance of road bed and builds a lasting base. Improves road bed each time. Takes only 20 minutes to grade the entire driveway. Buying less gravel, taking less time and having a better finished product makes me look smarter than actually I am. Easy to use. Good engineering does most of the thinking for you. Few tools pay for themselves this quickly. Got the model with the scarifiers. Within minutes broke two points off and haven’t used them since. Don’t need them for driveway work but might be handy for yard work. Overall one of best driveway tools I have used. Haven’t used either the grader blade or box blade since.

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review #2  
Have a 1/2 mile gravel driveway that has 330 feet of elevation drop winding thru the East Tennessee woods. Over half is 270 years old wagon trail. Worn and places much like a creek bed. So rough at first no one would spread gravel. Hauled by pickup, then one ton 4x4, 5 ton single axle now mostly tandem axle. Wore out grader blades. Used box blades. Now have the contours and ditching about right. Bought Everything Attachments land leveler two years ago. Managing fines and maintaining proper contour is so important to driveway health. We are having record breaking rainfall. 20” this year and 5” yesterday on saturated ground. This would have caused major rutting but the driveway is holding nicely. Been 10 years since new gravel was brought. The land leveler helps reclaim past gravel, distribute fines with minimal disturbance of road bed and builds a lasting base. Improves road bed each time. Takes only 20 minutes to grade the entire driveway. Buying less gravel, taking less time and having a better finished product makes me look smarter than actually I am. Easy to use. Good engineering does most of the thinking for you. Few tools pay for themselves this quickly. Got the model with the scarifiers. Within minutes broke two points off and haven’t used them since. Don’t need them for driveway work but might be handy for yard work. Overall one of best driveway tools I have used. Haven’t used either the grader blade or box blade since.

With your location not in your profile....... this is where??

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review #3  
He actually said in his opening sentence where he was...

Seriously?

Opening sentence??

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review #4  
Thanks for sharing. Did you have it on the M59 or the B26?

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review #5  
Sure sounds like an employee giving a sales pitch. I'm glad it's working for you, but once a gravel driveway is spread and compacted, the very worse thing that you can do is to tear it up again. Gravel driveways of the proper thickness and material should never be touched again. If a pot hole appears, it should be dug out and new material added to just the pot hole, then compacted with a slight crown.

Land Levelers are fantastic at smoothing an area, especially dirt.

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review
Outside of Knoxville Tennessee on the Clinch River. Use the Kubota M59, 6’ land leveler, and pull uphill. The B26 could pull a smaller one.

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review
Agree with EddieWalker. Don’t compact as much as I should. To his point, using the land plane has greatly reduced times required to maintain and reduced disturbance of of the road bed. That has helped with the durability and cost to maintain a gravel driveway.

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review #8  
but once a gravel driveway is spread and compacted, the very worse thing that you can do is to tear it up again. Gravel driveways of the proper thickness and material should never be touched again. If a pot hole appears, it should be dug out and new material added to just the pot hole, then compacted with a slight crown.

In a perfect scenario world yes, in actuality not even close. Every gravel pit has different types of base material depending on the pit it comes from if its road quality gravel, some are sandier than others some have more clay which is the best if it is the right type and amount of binder and it packs in nice. But if it is sandier material on an incline the sand will wash out leaving washouts in the gravel rock too much clay or not a hard enough base layer before the gravel is put down then the rock pushes down into the soil leaving a smooth muddy road which means disturbing it to bring the rock back to the surface or continued reapplication of gravel and or in the washed out sand requires the sand to be brought back to fill in the washed out areas. I have both issues in my yard and access roads I maintain.

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review #9  
I want pics of the leveler.

/ Everything Attachments Land leveler Review #10  
Sure sounds like an employee giving a sales pitch. I'm glad it's working for you, but once a gravel driveway is spread and compacted, the very worse thing that you can do is to tear it up again. Gravel driveways of the proper thickness and material should never be touched again. If a pot hole appears, it should be dug out and new material added to just the pot hole, then compacted with a slight crown.

Why do towns with gravel roads run a grader over them yearly? It seems to smooth out the pot holes.