Equipment blooper thread

/ Equipment blooper thread #11  
Care to elaborate on that one John ? I am guessing the wind blew the gate in behind you .

Really!
... and then someone dropped a window AC unit on you - or is that part of the tractor?
Hope you got out of that dust up with all your body parts intact.

/ Equipment blooper thread #12  
Really!
... and then someone dropped a window AC unit on you - or is that part of the tractor?
Hope you got out of that dust up with all your body parts intact.

That looks like either the radiator, or the hyd fluid cooler for the skidsteer. I think he mostly backed into whatever that metal frame is, and it flipped up the cover that protects the cooler. Or something like that! Maybe he'll explain it for us.

/ Equipment blooper thread #13  
I'll admit to a new-to-tractors blooper:
A few months after getting my first ever tractor I was driving across our field.
I had a boom pole on the 3pt carrying a bundle of branches secured by a rope.

As I got near a drainage dip that I needed to cross, I pulled back on the FEL joystick to avoid planting the bucket in the far side of the ditch. I pulled back on the stick and ... nothing! FEL wouldn't raise. Tried it again (programmers' definition of insanity) and same result.

After a lot of hand wringing, I realized that the top link to the boom pole had touched the ROPS, which was folded down. The ROPS was keeping the 3pt lift cylinders from completing the lift to the point that the position control lever was set at. Once I lowered the boom pole 1/2" the FEL resumed working just fine.

I looked around to see if anybody saw what I did. Nobody around to see, so it never happened.

/ Equipment blooper thread #14  
Don't trust all cables.....some will break..

IMG_1731.JPG

/ Equipment blooper thread #15  
Sorry, no pics but I've had my share:

Stick came over top of FEL bucket and crunched grille, no biggie.

Working too close to overgrown brush and ripped off a loader hydro hose. No biggie.

Brush hog main seal underneath gave way causing loss of all oil. My only warning was a loud "thunk" and grinding sound. This one was a biggie. Bevel gears inside the gear box shattered. Replacement parts = $$$ so bought a used, much heavier duty cutter. Better off in the end other than the $$$.

Plenty more I'm sure...

/ Equipment blooper thread #16  
Some here have already seen this. Tried moving a boulder off a trail and the left front tire went up a bank. Slowly rolled on its side before I could think to drop the bucket. Uprighted it using a come-along and heavy strap, let it sit long enough for fluids to drain back to where they belong, then it fired up and went back to work without missing a beat.

/ Equipment blooper thread #17  
Last summer was not a good one for my Kioti DK45SC. In August, I broke the right bevel gear housing right in half pushing over trees in the woods. I got that fixed and darned if I didn't do it to the left side in October.

13Oct2014BrokenKioti.jpg

The second time was a bit more severe; I also sheared off the end of the steering cylinder.

/ Equipment blooper thread #18  
Last summer was not a good one for my Kioti DK45SC. In August, I broke the right bevel gear housing right in half pushing over trees in the woods. I got that fixed and darned if I didn't do it to the left side in October.

View attachment 424407

The second time was a bit more severe; I also sheared off the end of the steering cylinder.

/ Equipment blooper thread #19  
Some here have already seen this. Tried moving a boulder off a trail and the left front tire went up a bank. Slowly rolled on its side before I could think to drop the bucket. Uprighted it using a come-along and heavy strap, let it sit long enough for fluids to drain back to where they belong, then it fired up and went back to work without missing a beat.

She's just tired, thats all.:)