Electric Polaris Ranger

/ Electric Polaris Ranger
The long ball mount (to clear the handles) for my dump cart.
P9190013.JPG P9190014.JPG P9190015.JPG P9190017.JPG

It pivots on the pin for off road use.
P9190018.JPG P9190020.JPG P9190022.JPG

About thirty years ago I modified the tongue to make removable by pulling on the rod at the coupler and lifting the tongue up off of the axle.
P9190024.JPG P9190025.JPG P9190026.JPG P9190027.JPG

Now you use it like a wheelbarrow.
P9190028.JPG P9190029.JPG

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #22  
For the money, I'd have bought an EZ-GO Golf Cart, but bigger tires on it and called it good. You won't find one at my farm (Polaris). To quirky.

For the money, I'd have bought an EZ-GO Golf Cart, but bigger tires on it and called it good. You won't find one at my farm (Polaris). To quirky.
I considered that because I didn't like starting our diesel UTV to go the mile round trip to the mailbox or open the gate.

There is no way a 2WD lifted golf cart will go and do where I go and do with the 30 horsepower 4WD Ranger EV. And no hard start and warm up time in cold weather, just turn the switch and go! :thumbsup:

The only downside is the battery maintenance. :thumbdown:

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #24  
Xfaxman, How many hrs do you have on your EV? I bought a new one 4 years ago and have 650 hrs so far with the original batteries. Only thing is, the range is nowhere near what Polaris claims. I wish it would go the 50 miles they claimed it would. Ten miles is pushing it on a good day in 1 wheel drive. I do like the QUIET though.

Xfaxman, How many hrs do you have on your EV? I bought a new one 4 years ago and have 650 hrs so far with the original batteries. Only thing is, the range is nowhere near what Polaris claims. I wish it would go the 50 miles they claimed it would. Ten miles is pushing it on a good day in 1 wheel drive. I do like the QUIET though.
99 hours, in a year and three months. Yep the range is not even close to 50 miles, but it is good enough for what we use it for. With no odometer it is hard to tell how far it is driven doing work around our 80 acres.

Sometimes it gets to ride to the worksite so I can drive it back to the shed and get the dumper.
P6170003.JPG P6170005.JPG P6170007.JPG P6170012.JPG

Some guys say to leave it plugged in when not using it, but I haven't done that yet. I might try plugging it in every night, now that the batteries have been cycled for over a year.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #26  
I just have trouble believing a 36v system can provide enough electric power. Does it really have enough torque to climb even moderate hills? I wish they'd made it a 72v system.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Electric Polaris Ranger #27  
Sorry to make it too posts - I tried to edit my previous post (meant "can provide" not "cannot provide") but editing isn't working for me. There is no 'save' option any more.

Is editing still working for others?

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #28  
Sorry to make it too posts - I tried to edit my previous post (meant "can provide" not "cannot provide") but editing isn't working for me. There is no 'save' option any more.
Is editing still working for others?
Its working for me (I fixed it for you). You should be able to edit your posts for 24 hours after you post them.

Aaron Z

I just have trouble believing a 36v system can provide enough electric power. Does it really have enough torque to climb even moderate hills? I wish they'd made it a 72v system.
If you are talking about the Ranger EV, it is a 48V system with a 30 horsepower three phase AC induction motor.

It has more than enough torque from the
650 Amp Sevcon Gen IV controller to spin all 4 tires if chained to a tree!

P.S. Edit worked earlier today for me in another thread.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #30  
... it is a 48V system with a 30 horsepower three phase AC induction motor. P.S. Edit worked earlier today for me in another thread.
48V is better, don't know where I got the 36. No memory left, sigh.

I think the edit issue is with my computer, Win8.1 and IE. Still not working here.