Electric Polaris Ranger

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #173  
In theory, my Ranger EV will be delivered to the dealership 1/10/22. The Polaris website has not updated the status of my order in 2 months. <shrug>

I'll believe it when it is there and I have to go pick it up. This actually works out, this puts this expense firmly into the 2022 category, and since I had major fence repairs/maintenance in 2021, it is good to spread those costs out against the farm income.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #174  
I like that, hopefully I'm not asking a redundant question here but, is it 4-wheel drive and what is the top speed?

Thanks, very nice Ranger you got there.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #175  
We ordered a new machine from BRP and 2 years ago when i priced them, had gone 4K (give or take) up. They have no idea when it will arrive and no refund on our deposit if we back out. Our local dealership wasn't even going to get one in. :oops: The can-am factory in mexico had a fire at it a year or so ago.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #176  
I like that, hopefully I'm not asking a redundant question here but, is it 4-wheel drive and what is the top speed?

Thanks, very nice Ranger you got there.
The Ranger EV has a claimed top speed of 25 mph. In our 2019 EV, in order to reach top speed the driver's seatbelt has to be buckled.

The drive can be switched from open diff RWD to locked diff RWD or true 4WD.
We were surprised just recently while driving on our property that in some places we had to lock the rear wheels in the slushy snow for traction, and even use 4WD mode in a few places. Our tires are somewhat worn, but we never felt like we would get stuck.

Because the electric drive provides full power even at a baby's crawling speed, the traction is amazing! I've done a wee bit of off-road in this, and never worried about traction or clearance.

I highly recommend a battery watering system, such as the Flow-Rite that I use. I balked at the price until filling them manually a few times. That was such a PITA I actually let them get a bit too low. With the watering system it's a piece of cake.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #177  
OK, my Polaris has shipped!!!!!! Wooot.

I'm going to borrow my boss's flat bed car trailer to go get it when it comes in. I had initially thought I'd use my horse trailer, but I think I'll just use a purpose built trailer, since he offered it!

Definitely going to order the watering system. I'm seriously doubting my choice of dealership, because I feel that they are doing nothing, NOTHING, but cashing a check for the full commission on 100% MSRP. I should have just pushed my local shop to do the electric.

I'll get one and install it before the batteries get dirty, as it looks like the cleaning of the batteries is a good part of the installation time on that one.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #179  
I don't really NEED a UTV. With the tractor, Wrangler, quad and two trailers I can do all I need to do. The $$$ would probably be better spent on a light road going dump trailer.

But I think a UTV wants me.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #180  
OK, my Polaris has shipped!!!!!! Wooot.

I'm going to borrow my boss's flat bed car trailer to go get it when it comes in. I had initially thought I'd use my horse trailer, but I think I'll just use a purpose built trailer, since he offered it!

Definitely going to order the watering system. I'm seriously doubting my choice of dealership, because I feel that they are doing nothing, NOTHING, but cashing a check for the full commission on 100% MSRP. I should have just pushed my local shop to do the electric.

I'll get one and install it before the batteries get dirty, as it looks like the cleaning of the batteries is a good part of the installation time on that one.
I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it and all details.

Congrats and best of luck.