Electric Polaris Ranger

/ Electric Polaris Ranger
Yep, so nice to turn the key on and quietly back out of the garage, without waiting for glow plugs or engine warm up time. :thumbsup:

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #152  
I don't own one of these but do own an Electric Gator. Which is probably my most used and loved piece of equipment. It makes you wonder how anyone can stand the noise of the gas/diesel UTVs.

Down side is, if your usage exceeds demands, you can't just put fuel in it and away you go. That could be a problem with kids.

I do have a Diesel Mule, but I almost HATE to have to revert to that if my batteries got too low. Like getting on the BUS, after your Lexus quits! And actually, I always thought the Mule sounds kind of like a bus.

I think the diesel ATVs are ridiculously loud and if you need the power of a diesel you’re using the wrong tool for the job IMO.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #153  
I could not agree more. But at least the diesels sound nice. The gassers just sound like you are inside a tin garbage can with a lawn mower!

Sometimes I guess an ATV club comes by our place. Man, you think an army is invading. Talk about noise! I fail to see the attraction.

Update: It now has 295.5 hours on it. Sure is nice not to have to do battery maintenance every month since I installed the lithium-ion conversion from Voltronics:

P5300001.JPG

Bought this carry all from Omni MFG. several years ago to use in a receiver hitch on either Bobcat:

P2100005.JPG
P6200011.JPG

But it spent most of the time on the dolly:

PB140042.JPG
PC290007.JPG

Then I realized it would work in the front receiver hitch on the EV:

0914191756-01.jpg
0914191756-02.jpg

P5300007.JPG
P5300006.JPG

It has been on there ever since :D.

315.2 hours now, means 137 hours since I installed the lithium-ion conversion from Voltronics:

PB100017.JPG

Still rolling muchly gooder-un OK.JPG.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #157  
A new player in this field. My friend says they have one in their shop. Claims it is hydro, but I can't believe or understand that.

GREENWORKS

GREENWORKS Electric UTV - YouTube

Sorry for the (usual) loud noise. Maybe there are bettter quieter videos out there. Unfortunately, yet another gawdy UTV looking more meant for the Bajha than a UTV. A very quiet running, but as LOUD looking as possible vehicle!

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #158  
A new player in this field. My friend says they have one in their shop. Claims it is hydro, but I can't believe or understand that.

GREENWORKS

GREENWORKS Electric UTV - YouTube

Sorry for the (usual) loud noise. Maybe there are bettter quieter videos out there. Unfortunately, yet another gawdy UTV looking more meant for the Bajha than a UTV. A very quiet running, but as LOUD looking as possible vehicle!

It's also available in camo color scheme. But did you see the price? $25,000! No thanks.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #159  
Apparently the municipality who ordered some (not their money, so who cares) said, yes please. lol Any price is OK for "GREEN".

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #160  
Since your thread is what made my decision to buy the Polaris, I thought I'd bump this up.

I ordered a 2022 Polaris Ranger EV last week. 8-10 weeks expected delivery time.

I now need to go through all the upgrades you've done on yours and decide which ones I could use the most. Mine will be mostly used for putting out hay, checking water, and entertaining kids, and also with a little trailer for minor fence repairs. I'm hoping the original batteries last the 5ish years they suggest, I'll need to get used to adding that battery maintenance to my weekly routine. Then, I'll probably go with the Lithium Ion battery conversion.

There is a new bigger Polaris EV coming, with Li batteries but it has a starting price of around 24K.

I'm really hoping the little Ranger will fit into the +1 area of my 2+1 horse trailer so I can take it with me to horse shows. :D

I'm excited, this will be a fun toy...I mean tool.