Electric Polaris Ranger

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #161  
Congrats on the new order! I'm curious where you found the information on the starting price for the new Ranger? I've been impatiently awaiting the release this December.

Also interested if they will make the crew version, which I assume they will just by default?

For those that don't know....

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #162  
Since your thread is what made my decision to buy the Polaris, I thought I'd bump this up.

I ordered a 2022 Polaris Ranger EV last week. 8-10 weeks expected delivery time.

I now need to go through all the upgrades you've done on yours and decide which ones I could use the most. Mine will be mostly used for putting out hay, checking water, and entertaining kids, and also with a little trailer for minor fence repairs. I'm hoping the original batteries last the 5ish years they suggest, I'll need to get used to adding that battery maintenance to my weekly routine. Then, I'll probably go with the Lithium Ion battery conversion.

There is a new bigger Polaris EV coming, with Li batteries but it has a starting price of around 24K.

I'm really hoping the little Ranger will fit into the +1 area of my 2+1 horse trailer so I can take it with me to horse shows. :D

I'm excited, this will be a fun toy...I mean tool.
If you didn't go with the water filling option, I highly recommend it. I forget the exact name but they install a system whereby you can EASILY fill 1/2 the batteries at a time. I put the hose into a gallon of distilled water, connect it up, squeeze the bulb until it becomes firm (like the fuel bulb on an outboard motor setup), disconnect and repeat on the other side.

What it means is more than convenience. It means I top the batteries off EVERY TIME I charge them. Yes, it is that easy.

One thing of note. I find that using mine after an overnight charge results in a lot of battery power. Don't think I've ever run it past about 50% in one day. However, if it has been 5-6 days since the last charge, the batteries drain much faster.

I'm still pleased with it. I don't think I've ever run it past about 20%.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #163  
Makes a lot of sense. Just looked up the 2022 model. If I want or need one, that will be the way to go rather than a gas or diesel engine.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger
Since your thread is what made my decision to buy the Polaris, I thought I'd bump this up.

I ordered a 2022 Polaris Ranger EV last week. 8-10 weeks expected delivery time.

I now need to go through all the upgrades you've done on yours and decide which ones I could use the most. Mine will be mostly used for putting out hay, checking water, and entertaining kids, and also with a little trailer for minor fence repairs. I'm hoping the original batteries last the 5ish years they suggest, I'll need to get used to adding that battery maintenance to my weekly routine. Then, I'll probably go with the Lithium Ion battery conversion.

There is a new bigger Polaris EV coming, with Li batteries but it has a starting price of around 24K.

I'm really hoping the little Ranger will fit into the +1 area of my 2+1 horse trailer so I can take it with me to horse shows. :D

Congratulations (y).
Please post pictures here when you get it.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #165  
Congrats on the new order! I'm curious where you found the information on the starting price for the new Ranger? I've been impatiently awaiting the release this December.

Also interested if they will make the crew version, which I assume they will just by default?

For those that don't know....

The salesman I have been talking to all summer told me the price point, verbally.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #166  
If you didn't go with the water filling option, I highly recommend it. I forget the exact name but they install a system whereby you can EASILY fill 1/2 the batteries at a time. I put the hose into a gallon of distilled water, connect it up, squeeze the bulb until it becomes firm (like the fuel bulb on an outboard motor setup), disconnect and repeat on the other side.

What it means is more than convenience. It means I top the batteries off EVERY TIME I charge them. Yes, it is that easy.

One thing of note. I find that using mine after an overnight charge results in a lot of battery power. Don't think I've ever run it past about 50% in one day. However, if it has been 5-6 days since the last charge, the batteries drain much faster.

I'm still pleased with it. I don't think I've ever run it past about 20%.
I asked the salesman about that water system and he downplayed it. I'm glad to read an actual owner's response. How hard was it to install? I need easy maintenance, or I might get side-tracked and skip it, which would be bad news for my batteries.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #167  

Could you tell us what it cost?

Also for the OP what does the Li-Ion conversion cost.

/ Electric Polaris Ranger
You will have to contact Voltronics to see what the price is now.
I bought the 160Ah kit and it is no longer available.
I couldn't find what I paid for the total kit back in 2017, just the 160Ah batteries were $3,200.

The hour meter is showing 350.7 now:
PA230004.JPG

/ Electric Polaris Ranger #170  
Could you tell us what it cost?

Buggs67,

The starting list was 12,499, with the supply chain issues, there is no haggling. I added a roof, Accessory Battery kit, that the salesman insisted I'd want, and the rubber bed liner so feed tubs/buckets won't slide around, labor, dealer prep and freight were added in. That came up to $14621.37. Add sales tax and Title/license/document admin fee, which I might quibble about, and it's $15,641.15.

I picked a bad year to buy a new toy.

Mel