Dump trailer, would a jump box help?

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #1  

Billy Bee

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 33, John Deere 3020
I just bought a used dump trailer, and would like to know if it is ok to use a jump box to help if the battery got weak.
It is dumping fine, but I don't want get caught somewhere and not be able to dump. Kind of a belt and suspenders thing. Will a jump box take that kind of constant load? I would buy a good one if this is something feasible.
Thanks for your help,
Bill

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #2  
I just bought a used dump trailer, and would like to know if it is ok to use a jump box to help if the battery got weak.
It is dumping fine, but I don't want get caught somewhere and not be able to dump. Kind of a belt and suspenders thing. Will a jump box take that kind of constant load? I would buy a good one if this is something feasible.
Thanks for your help,
Bill
That is what I use. Our dump trailer sits more than gets used. The battery in it is dead but not shorted so the jump box works

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #3  
Buy a good heavy duty battery, in about a 700-800 cca and keep it charged every night with the onboard trickle charger. You will be fine unless you dump all day. I haul commercial with my dumps so I have two batteries. Never an issue.

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #4  
I run dual batteries.

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #5  
I had a pJ 22' tilt trailer that I made my living with for a few years delivering our tractors.
I had a 1000 crank amp battery on it, it stayed charged with a solar panel and a trickle charger.
It never let me down in all those years. You might try that...

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #6  
I think an extra charged battery and a pair of jumper cables beats one of those "jumper boxes" every time. And much simpler.

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #7  
I bought a remote mount winch kit. Heavy gauge copper wire from the trucks batteries and also from trailer battery......connected with anderson connectors. Never an issue dumping since.

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help?
I think I will buy another battery, so I'll always have a hot one. Trailer does not have onboard charger and will get infrequent use, so I will keep one on a trickle charger.
Thanks for the replies,
Bill

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #9  
Do you use it on multiple vehicles or just one?

Remount mount winch kit to hardwire to truck is about the same cost as a battery. And batteries will always need replaced eventually

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help?
Do you use it on multiple vehicles or just one?

Remount mount winch kit to hardwire to truck is about the same cost as a battery. And batteries will always need replaced eventually
Only going to use it on one vehicle, don't know what a remount winch kit is. Does it work off the truck battery? It has a power jack that uses the same connector as the trailer, plug it in to the truck to raise or lower the hitch. Does the winch kit work something like that?