Dump trailer, would a jump box help?

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #11  
Only going to use it on one vehicle, don't know what a remount winch kit is. Does it work off the truck battery? It has a power jack that uses the same connector as the trailer, plug it in to the truck to raise or lower the hitch. Does the winch kit work something like that?
He’s probably talking about running some 1 or 2 guage wire from the truck battery to the rear bumper/hitch area, with some Anderson type connectors to make a direct jumpline to the trailer battery box.
Yes, that works. I keep a jump box in the truck because IMO its easier than using jumper cables and is available for tractors, trucks, trailers, w/e

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help?
He’s probably talking about running some 1 or 2 guage wire from the truck battery to the rear bumper/hitch area, with some Anderson type connectors to make a direct jumpline to the trailer battery box.
Yes, that works. I keep a jump box in the truck because IMO its easier than using jumper cables and is available for tractors, trucks, trailers, w/e
That was my original thought, just go with a jump box for the versatility.

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #14  
Yea, typo. Remote mount winch kit.

Something like https://www.amazon.com/Rough-Countr...t=&hvlocphy=1024049&hvtargid=pla-761353604357

Basically hardwire the pump to the battery of the truck....but uses anderson connectors to disconnect when trailer is unhooked.

Most of the F450-F550 class dump trucks use the exact same type of pump setup as a dump trailer. And they run heavy gauge wire straight off the truck. As long as truck is running, you will never NOT dump on account of weak/low battery.

Just measure (like with a string) how you would route the wiring and buy the length for the truck side and trailer side as you need. There are several different kits and usually in 2' increments. No point in going with longer wiring than you need.

Sure the boost backs work....as long as they are charged too. But at the end of the day....its just an other battery.....that needs kept charged....and has a finite life just like your dump trailer battery.

With a hard-wire kit....you never have to buy batteries other than for your tow vehicle when the need arises

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help?
Decided to go with a heavy duty jump box, for the versatility, Two pickups, 3 cars, 4 quads, 3 lawn tractors, two larger tractors, dump trailer, and electric start generator.
Thank you for all our replies, some very good ideas, but I think the jump box will be the handiest for me.
Bill

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #16  
   / Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #17  
Decided to go with a heavy duty jump box, for the versatility, Two pickups, 3 cars, 4 quads, 3 lawn tractors, two larger tractors, dump trailer, and electric start generator.
Thank you for all our replies, some very good ideas, but I think the jump box will be the handiest for me.
Bill
hope you bought a lithium based on one, like below, they last way longer, and much smaller

https://www.amazon.com/HPBS-Jump-St...bab8e515b613f&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #18  
I think an extra charged battery and a pair of jumper cables beats one of those "jumper boxes" every time. And much simpler.
The cheap jump boxes aren’t that great but a big jump box started my 5.9 Cummins with the starting batteries completely dead.

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #19  
I have had two Pequea dumps, one 5000 pound single axle, and one 10,000 pound duel axle. Since they both have brakes they have 7 pin connectors. They both charged the battery from the truck. Turned out a friend in PA had the same C1500 10,000 pound trailer and his was 15 years old with the original battery, still dumping. I guess in theory, his battery could be just about shot, but just driving from one location to the next, could build enough juice to dump it.

/ Dump trailer, would a jump box help? #20  
This thread reminds me of going to the landfill. A lot of guys have "power up, power down" systems, so if their battery goes dead, the dump stays halfway up in the air.

We have a power up, gravity down system for that very reason.