Dropped 20 acres last night

/ Dropped 20 acres last night #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Finally got going. Last minute repairs and no rake kept me out of action about a week later than I normally start.

In the background you can see the Magnum & Krone baler anxiously waiting to get into the fray

1685205660795.jpeg

1685205687407.jpeg

Only 300 more acres to go! LOL

/ Dropped 20 acres last night #2  
Dang! It takes me three days to mow my brush on 15 acres with a 52" cut...

/ Dropped 20 acres last night #3  
Nice pics, @Hay Dude . I noticed a lot of baled hay down here on Thursday when I drove to the property. Good to see conditions are cooperating so far.

/ Dropped 20 acres last night #4  
There should be a lot of nice first cutting hay around here since it won't be rained on. We've had very little rain since the middle of May and no rain in the 10 day forecast. Not good for anything else though. Unusually dry this early.

/ Dropped 20 acres last night #5  
Dry enough to be getting concerning in New England. Very poor regrowth so far after first cut, and I don't think the manure application is going to end up doing too much without water to wash it in. Pastures already looking thin after just one cycle of rotations.

/ Dropped 20 acres last night #6  
I thought I had a lot to cut with my 100 acres of pastures!

/ Dropped 20 acres last night #7  
Does look a bit mature, still good horse/beef cow hay. Most of the dairy farms around here hit it hard this week on their first cuttings, the beef farms are about to get started. Saw three Big Mos out and triple tractor rigs out about. Makes our 10 foot diskbine seem pretty small.

/ Dropped 20 acres last night #8  
Dry enough to be getting concerning in New England. Very poor regrowth so far after first cut, and I don't think the manure application is going to end up doing too much without water to wash it in. Pastures already looking thin after just one cycle of rotations.
Meanwhile, here in the Southwest we are seeing an unusually wet May. Afternoon thunderstorms have dumped a couple of inches in the past week at my place, and locations 75 miles east have seen up to 10” along with flooding and tornadoes. May is usually our dry season. This is following an extremely wet winter. Abnormally warm water in the Pacific Ocean is creating a prolonged El Niño weather pattern. Horse hay might be hard to come by this year if it all gets rained on, but cow hay will be abundant.

Last edited:
   / Dropped 20 acres last night #9  
Rain about every 3 days in Alabama. My hay guy has a lot of cow hay, mulch, Every thing is getting rained on.

/ Dropped 20 acres last night
More this afternoon- ‘bout 25 more.
I think the camera focused on the dash cluster
1685491897089.jpeg