Online real estate pictures

/ Online real estate pictures #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
We drive by this house to church every Sunday. The did a major overhaul on remodeling the place and went up for sale.

My wife guessed 250K when the for sale sign went up, I said most likely around 350K. I was pretty much on the nose. Couple months later, price is now at 299K. Issue in our opinion options on where to park any cars.

Wife said this had to be a pic of the back of the house. I said I think it's the front. Last night coming back from a church group by myself, I decided to measure the distance from the road to the house. To the double doors on the right (where I pulled in) to the white line off the road, would you believe it's about 13 yards from the white line off the road?

Right up from the middle and high school for multiple rural areas, lots of traffic on that road due to the school.

Remember when we bought our home 20 years ago and the amount of places we thought we were interested in looking for a home and land. It's amazing how realtors only show you the positive per a photo. Like you never see your neighbors who are 10 yards to your left and right.

Sooner or later we're downsizing since it's just me and wife now, just starting to keep my eyes open and not wait until the last minute LOL

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 6.21.03 AM.png

/ Online real estate pictures #2  
I think the double french doors were a one-car garage door. Weird how the wooden or fiberglass front door is offset. I wonder if it had a double door and they got rid of one side?
Was there a fireplace and chimney was removed between the doors?

/ Online real estate pictures #4  
We drive by this house to church every Sunday. The did a major overhaul on remodeling the place and went up for sale.

My wife guessed 250K when the for sale sign went up, I said most likely around 350K. I was pretty much on the nose. Couple months later, price is now at 299K. Issue in our opinion options on where to park any cars.

Wife said this had to be a pic of the back of the house. I said I think it's the front. Last night coming back from a church group by myself, I decided to measure the distance from the road to the house. To the double doors on the right (where I pulled in) to the white line off the road, would you believe it's about 13 yards from the white line off the road?

Right up from the middle and high school for multiple rural areas, lots of traffic on that road due to the school.

Remember when we bought our home 20 years ago and the amount of places we thought we were interested in looking for a home and land. It's amazing how realtors only show you the positive per a photo. Like you never see your neighbors who are 10 yards to your left and right.

Sooner or later we're downsizing since it's just me and wife now, just starting to keep my eyes open and not wait until the last minute LOL

View attachment 862487
Pig in lipstick, the flippers didnt do well with this one. The shutters (missing one kinda glares) elevation change and patio doors are all red flags for me.

/ Online real estate pictures #5  
I could make that house look spectacular on a reasonable budget.

/ Online real estate pictures #6  
I could make that house look spectacular on a reasonable budget.
(y) Too many of the flippers spend too much (or expect huge payouts) on the wrong stuff. Curb appeal is a really important selling point. This house rates a 0.

/ Online real estate pictures #7  

View attachment 862487
Call it up on Google maps or Google earth and look at the satellite view. I always find it a good way to see what's around a property, what's behind the tree line, fence, etc., as well as what the neighborhood around it is.

Also, Google Earth has a history feature. Sometimes it goes back many years, and you can see what the house used to look like.

/ Online real estate pictures #8  
It's amazing how realtors only show you the positive per a photo. Like you never see your neighbors who are 10 yards to your left and right.
Yeah. Realtors are very good at taking/cropping photos so as to not show the neighbors' yard full of junk cars, old tires, etc., the 45° dropoff to a swamp that's 15' behind the house or the active gravel pit across the street.

/ Online real estate pictures #9  
Guy at work converted his 2 car garage to a living room. Bad idea if ya ask me.

/ Online real estate pictures #10  
The listing shows a carriage door entry in the back that appears to be the under-house garage. I don't see a way to get to it though. The "lawn" is too steep to drive down to it. And there's a big tree in front of it. You could probably use it to keep lawnmowers in it. As long as you don't run the engine. It looks like it's open to the rest of the basement.

It looks like a 1940s house that was added onto several times throughout the years. No single make over. The kitchen is hideous as well as what appears to be a stepdown into the dining room or living room. That will go over big with old people. ;)