DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc...

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #3  
I have a 40 and a 74 hp machine with DPFs. They seem more reliable than the DEF machines.

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #4  
Someone spreading hysteria to drum up views for YouTube monetary rewards and five minutes of fame.

Emissions controls are established technology that’s been refined since introduced a decade ago.

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #5  
Someone spreading hysteria to drum up views for YouTube monetary rewards and five minutes of fame.

Emissions controls are established technology that’s been refined since introduced a decade ago.
Yeah, my Ford 6.4’s DPFs refined themselves into being pretty worthless by the time I cold find someone brave enough to buy them. My Ram dealer took one off my hands as a trade-in.
Im all for clean air, but come on, make it something reliable.

Last edited:
   / DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #6  
Good video that explains the issues with DPFs, EGRs, DEF, and other emissions equipment...makes me glad I got the 25hp Kioti CK2610.

It seems like he is a little upset that he got caught breaking the law! What do you expect to have happen when you break the law then use a platform on the internet to promote what you are doing? For God's sake how stupid can people be! Gotta take some of what he says with a grain of salt, VIN number, what is with that, it is Vehicle Identification Number. Kinda nit picking, but it is an indicator of intelligence. DPF is not there to reduce NOx, it traps particulate, the SCR or Selective Catalytic Reduction is used for reducing NOx by way of injecting liquid fertilizer into the exhaust system upstream of the SCR system. The smart money is to not break the law and that will keep your tit out of the wringer.

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #7  
I think all of us who are doomed to own those systems wish they were more thoroughly engineered for longevity.

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #8  
Yeah I tried a 25 HP tractor exactly a year ago now. No emissions was nice. Having to work in low range all the time wasn't. I couldn't handle that...dumped that new tractor two weeks later.

To me, if you can't do what you need to do with a tractor then it's not worth having. It was a 3-speed hydro and medium was only useful sometimes and high was almost never useable. It's just not enough power for a 3,500 lb. machine.

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #9  
Yeah, my Ford 6.4’s DPFs refined themselves into being pretty worthless by the time I cold find someone brave enough to buy them. My Ram dealer took one off my hands as a trade-in.
Im all for clean air, but come on, make it something reliable.
The DPF isn’t the only problem with powerstoke 6.4 engines. They are a dealer shop gold mine.

/ DPFs, EGRs, DEF, etc... #10  
The 6.4 isn't necessarily a bad engine it's a power monster, it's just people never maintained them properly. The 6.4 was the first Ford/international/Navistar engine to get the EGR, DPF treatment. Their thinking was to inject diesel fuel into the exhaust stroke on cylinders 7&8 to burn out the DPF. Well when you inject fuel on the exhaust stroke, diesel gets washed down the cylinders and dilutes the oil. Then the diluted oil takes out the top end of the engine from lack of good lubrication.

The 6.4's with OCI around 3k never had the problems.

Their is nothing more powerful than a tuned and deleted 6.4. It will smoke any other diesel now and then.